Women's snowboard pants - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
emg

Default Women's snowboard pants

Hi all. I'll be new to snowboarding (and anything involving snow) this year. I'm hope I'm posting this in the right place. It's about clothing but not fashion. In the past two weeks or so, I've been shopping around for the basic attire and I've had a bit of a problem with pants.

Are there any companies that make women's snowboard pants in a loose size 16 or so? The only pants I could find that fit me sort of well were Columbia XL's. The tag says their waterproof but I don't know how much. I tried men's pants, but they didn't seem to fit right either. It seems as if "XL" means women's 12-14 in snowboard/ski pants. Half the companies I've checked also only sell up to a Large. Any insight would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Melicious

Have you tried North Face? I think they might work. Stick to the more mountain/outdoor brands.. some of the trendy snowboard brands tend to used more of a 'juinors' sizing system. Thier market is 16 - 25 year olds..
Old 10-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ha I know what you mean, since gaining a few pounds its tough to find snowboard pants that are comfortable. You should look for ski pants not snowboard, the sizing in ski pants caters to a more diverse group. If you want some good quality maybe check out obermeyer they have a big selection of womens stuff up to size 20, also sell some neat stretchy ski pants http://www.obermeyer.com/index.cfm?m...c.ladies_pants
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
thebutress

take a look at 686. My wife has some original cargos from last year that work ok. Its really been hard to find stuff though, so we sympathize. I think we are going to try Nikita to see how those work. Through a couple conversations with some companies, i will say that getting measurements of the clothes really can be no help at all.

Last edited by thebutress; 10-25-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Special Blend, Four Square, some 686, Volcom has some as well. Or just get mans pants.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my wife has two pairs. the easiest were a pair of Northface ski pants that fits her great. She has a pair of Burtons that are so so. As other said, ski pants offer more options, and we found that to be true.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
snowgypsy

686 or special blend girls... at least thats what fits me well... you gotta go into the shop and try stuff on!! size doesn't mean shit!! find what fits well, and whats comfy... its the best way to kno for sure... just keep in mind that boys stuff fits just as well as girls stuff...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
emg

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into those brands. My problem with men's pants is that Larges did not fit quite right and the XL's were like 2 sizes too big.

What is the difference between ski and snowboard pants? I just want something that's warm and decently waterproof.

(It took me a while to reply because I thought I was supposed to get email notification to subscribed posts, but I didn't get anything)

Last edited by emg; 10-31-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bones_Heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg View Post
What is the difference between ski and snowboard pants? I just want something that's warm and decently waterproof.
Ski pants tend to be a lot tighter. I like snowboard pants more because they have a lot more room to move around in. I wore a pair of ski pants the first day I went snowboarding and riped them right down the crotch, and let me tell ya that was a cold ass day!

I had a great pair of Titanium pants last year, they were mens and came a little high for me but were comfortable and did a GREAT job on keeping the snow out and the body heat in.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
emg

Why did some suggest ski pants over snowboard pants if they're tighter? Because snowboard pants are more "trendy"? There are still one or two ski/board stores around here that I've yet to check.