2013 Rome Artifact Rocker reviews? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwest View Post
Seeing as u like your ray gun why not just stick with like a 154 parkstar? I use a 154 skate banana for my all mountain riding. A lot of people will argue that the banana is not all mountain, but I'm comfortable on steeps, trees, pow, and then shredding park laps on it so its just personal preference. I demo'ed a ride machete gt and a burton bullet earlier this year and both those sound right up your price range and style.
Because I am afraid it will be to stiff. But my size on a 154w should prob flex decent.
Tbh would a soft board like the artifact really be THAT scetchy around the mountain?
LTP1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I might have some decent input here as I ride a K2 Parkstar (both 2011 and 1012 models) and my brother rides a Rome Artifact Rocker (2012 model). First off let me start by saying that the Artifact Rocker IS a complete noodle, it's seriously ridiculous. If you're only using it for jibs and jumps smaller than 20 feet and buttering around smaller hills, it will dominate for you. If you want a bit more well rounded board, look somewhere else. The K2 WWW Rocker is basically K2's Artifact Rocker. They are very close to the same board. Slight differences in technology, but you won't notice much difference. I love my k2 Parkstars (which is why I bought another one). It has a very comfortable flex for me (I'm on a 152 at 160 lbs). I feel like it can do everything the Artifact can do and more. It won't have that immediate "lift your foot and the board comes right up" that the Artifact has but it's still easy to press and butter. The Parkstar has noticeably better pop off jumps and is surprisingly stable at higher speeds (I probably don't go much over 30-40 mph tops, but it does just fine for that). The Parkstar is a surprisingly fast board probably because of the sintered base. I destroy my brothers Artifact and my friends Burton Dominant when it comes to speed, it isn't even funny. As far as durability goes, I can only speak from my/my bro's experiences. Both my boards got several minor nicks around the edges of the topsheet, but the bases are super clean (again because they're sintered). My bro's Artifact has split and delaminated the topsheet on both the nose and the tail and again a 3rd time after one was epoxied back down. The base has deeper/more noticeable scratches as well.

In short, I'd consider the Artifact Rocker as more of a street board that you use for a couple rails at a time that is able to be ridden on the mountain (more suitably a smaller local hill) as well. The Parkstar is a great all around park board that is a bit stiffer to allow you to manage all around the mountain while being soft for easy presses and butters. A lot of info here, hope it helps.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
I might have some decent input here as I ride a K2 Parkstar (both 2011 and 1012 models) and my brother rides a Rome Artifact Rocker (2012 model). First off let me start by saying that the Artifact Rocker IS a complete noodle, it's seriously ridiculous. If you're only using it for jibs and jumps smaller than 20 feet and buttering around smaller hills, it will dominate for you. If you want a bit more well rounded board, look somewhere else. The K2 WWW Rocker is basically K2's Artifact Rocker. They are very close to the same board. Slight differences in technology, but you won't notice much difference. I love my k2 Parkstars (which is why I bought another one). It has a very comfortable flex for me (I'm on a 152 at 160 lbs). I feel like it can do everything the Artifact can do and more. It won't have that immediate "lift your foot and the board comes right up" that the Artifact has but it's still easy to press and butter. The Parkstar has noticeably better pop off jumps and is surprisingly stable at higher speeds (I probably don't go much over 30-40 mph tops, but it does just fine for that). The Parkstar is a surprisingly fast board probably because of the sintered base. I destroy my brothers Artifact and my friends Burton Dominant when it comes to speed, it isn't even funny. As far as durability goes, I can only speak from my/my bro's experiences. Both my boards got several minor nicks around the edges of the topsheet, but the bases are super clean (again because they're sintered). My bro's Artifact has split and delaminated the topsheet on both the nose and the tail and again a 3rd time after one was epoxied back down. The base has deeper/more noticeable scratches as well.

In short, I'd consider the Artifact Rocker as more of a street board that you use for a couple rails at a time that is able to be ridden on the mountain (more suitably a smaller local hill) as well. The Parkstar is a great all around park board that is a bit stiffer to allow you to manage all around the mountain while being soft for easy presses and butters. A lot of info here, hope it helps.
Wow,great info! I am sold on the park star! I will probably get the 154 wide,152 seems kinda small for my size Lol. My local shop carries k2,so this summer I will be looking for deals! Right known I am broke....so that's why I have to wait Haha. Thanks again for all the info,it really helped.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Going back to the Rome Shank discussion it actually isn't that soft at all. A 145 was stiffer than an Evo for me. It's definitely mid flexing.

Had my eye on the Artifact board for a buttering board, but maybe I should rethink that.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Going back to the Rome Shank discussion it actually isn't that soft at all. A 145 was stiffer than an Evo for me. It's definitely mid flexing.

Had my eye on the Artifact board for a buttering board, but maybe I should rethink that.
I would deff get the shank but it doesn't come in a wide

Anyone know what the flex is on the bonless? That looks like a wide version of the shank
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I'm not trying to knock the Artifact. It's a great board (one of the best) at what it's made for. I'm just letting you guys know that it is definitely a pure jib/street board, good for buttering as well. Just don't expect it to perform when hitting jumps 15-20+ feet, carving, and riding fast.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote