Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2013 Rome Artifact Rocker reviews? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/79618-2013-rome-artifact-rocker-reviews.html)

LTP1996 04-17-2013 08:43 PM

2013 Rome Artifact Rocker reviews?

hey guys and gals,i am on the hunt for a park/jib board and I have narrowed it down to the Artifact. I currently have a K2 raygun for my all mountain/everything board. Seems like this the rome is the only board that consistantly comes up on people park board lists. (that and the NS evo...but I dont want to spend that kind of money on somthing i will trash jibbing everything i see)
this is my first season (gone 10 times) progressed super fast,spent time in trees,bombing,park,powder,and park and rails stands out the most.
biggest jump in our park is like 30-40ft. but that mofo looks way to big for my liking....so i will be on 5-10 footers,and rails the whole time.
so where can i find reviews on this board? i have seen pleanty on the 2012,but none on the 2013. if it is pretty much the same just kick me in the nuts and i will be on my way hahaha I hate to start another "find me a park board" thread.....but is there any others that are comparable to this for about the same price?
6ft/size 12 boot/180(hopfully 160 by next season....lol)
thanks guys!!!

Punkwest 04-18-2013 08:23 AM

There is a few reviews on YouTube for the artifact rocker. Also any reviews you see for the 12 model is going to tell you everything the stick didn't change at all between 12-13. Oh and this board is a huge noodle prob 1 of the softest around.

LTP1996 04-18-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkwest (Post 918786)
There is a few reviews on YouTube for the artifact rocker. Also any reviews you see for the 12 model is going to tell you everything the stick didn't change at all between 12-13. Oh and this board is a huge noodle prob 1 of the softest around.

Awesome thanks man

One more question....Should I go with the 158w or 155w?
I wanted the 155w since I will be in the park quite a bit,but now i am leaning to the 158 since I am A little bigger rider at 180# and that might give me a little more all mountain stability but still keeping a pretty noodly board....hmmmmmm

Punkwest 04-18-2013 01:42 PM

I'm 6ft 155-175lbs depending on my wrestling schedule and I have an artifact rocker in 153. I have a size 11 boot and ride duck stance +15 -15 and have no toe hang, so i wouldn't get wide model unless your boots are size 12 or over. I use my artifact rocker strictly for jibbing and small jumps the board tends to wash out on any bigger jumps 20+ feet. It also gets speed wobbles and doesn't have the best edge to edge control at higher speeds. It's for sure not even close to an all mountain board. It will get ya to and from the park and destroy all the features in between but if ya want something to shred everywhere I would look at a few other boards.

LTP1996 04-18-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkwest (Post 919050)
I'm 6ft 155-175lbs depending on my wrestling schedule and I have an artifact rocker in 153. I have a size 11 boot and ride duck stance +15 -15 and have no toe hang, so i wouldn't get wide model unless your boots are size 12 or over. I use my artifact rocker strictly for jibbing and small jumps the board tends to wash out on any bigger jumps 20+ feet. It also gets speed wobbles and doesn't have the best edge to edge control at higher speeds. It's for sure not even close to an all mountain board. It will get ya to and from the park and destroy all the features in between but if ya want something to shred everywhere I would look at a few other boards.

Yeah I have a size 12-12.5 boot :/
I would get the 155w then. I always hit every side hit and jump down the runs,And pow days every once and a while.
Any sugestions on what would be less of a noodle but still pretty flexy?
k2 www? k2 parkstar? rome garage rocker?
I dont need to go fast on it...thats what my raygun is for. just looking to "skate" the mountain,butter,jib,trees every once an a while,small jumps,1s,3s.
I have heard the artifact can hold up cuising too though.....crap so hard to decide

snowman55 04-18-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTP1996 (Post 919138)
Yeah I have a size 12-12.5 boot :/
I would get the 155w then. I always hit every side hit and jump down the runs,And pow days every once and a while.
Any sugestions on what would be less of a noodle but still pretty flexy?
k2 www? k2 parkstar? rome garage rocker?
I dont need to go fast on it...thats what my raygun is for. just looking to "skate" the mountain,butter,jib,trees every once an a while,small jumps,1s,3s.
I have heard the artifact can hold up cuising too though.....crap so hard to decide

I heard good things about the Rome Shank for the typing of riding you want to do. There is always the Skate Banana as well for that type of riding.

Steez 04-18-2013 06:33 PM

I agree, the Rome Shank seems like the deck you're looking for and you can size down on it. I'm not sure if you want a really small deck but I think you may be able to ride 153 on that deck. For sure 155 though on the Shank

LTP1996 04-18-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steez (Post 919426)
I agree, the Rome Shank seems like the deck you're looking for and you can size down on it. I'm not sure if you want a really small deck but I think you may be able to ride 153 on that deck. For sure 155 though on the Shank

Looks sick,but it doesn't come in a wide.....size 12 boot.....
but I have no prob with a small deck

LTP1996 04-18-2013 09:25 PM

okay this is a looooong shot.....but what about the 150 WIDE rome bonless?
how is the flex on that? it is a short ass board,so i would need it to not be a noodle lol I would suck on pow days,but it wouldnt kill me to use my raygun on those days lol

Punkwest 04-19-2013 12:35 AM

Seeing as u like your ray gun why not just stick with like a 154 parkstar? I use a 154 skate banana for my all mountain riding. A lot of people will argue that the banana is not all mountain, but I'm comfortable on steeps, trees, pow, and then shredding park laps on it so its just personal preference. I demo'ed a ride machete gt and a burton bullet earlier this year and both those sound right up your price range and style.