Board size? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board size?

I'm about to purchase a Rome Flag. I have 11" boots so that's why I'm getting the Flag. I'll be mainly doing all mountain riding. I haven't even gone to the park yet, so I'm still learning how to ride smoothly. I've boarded for only one season but I went so many times that I could have paid for a pass, with only 2 months of riding season left, and would have doubled the amount.

Anyways, I'm wondering what size I should get. I'm 5"10-11 and about 190lbs. I have a med/thin upper build and my mid/lower size is pretty heavy. I'll be using my DC Judge Boots and Ride SPi bindings.

160 or 163?

Thanks!
DragonXero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

160 for ya

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I talked to some guy at a store yesterday and he said that I wanted a little bit of my heels and toe hanging off the board by a couple of inches. Last year, I was riding a regular board and I think it was made for the park, Omatic Boron, and I would be riding down the mountain and my heel or toe would just hit some kind of snow patch and I would lose balance or just fall, I was going at a pretty quick speed I think. I wanted to go with a wide board because I didn't want any toe or heel drag.

Edit- Snowolf, now that you mention that a wide board is not needed for my size boots, it opens up a vast amount of board available for my choosing. I was researching for months about wide boards and decided that the Rome Flag was the best for me. Now that wide boards are not a criteria, I don't know where to start.

I'm "Intermediate" and I love riding anywhere, everywhere, where snow is present. At the moment I'm still working on carving successfully without falling consecutively. I ride in Washington, at Snoqualmie and Crystal Mountain. I won't be doing much, if any park but would love to try it with the board that I will be purchasing. I love powdered runs, back country boarding, just riding down the mountain. I'm willing to spend up to $600. What's right for me?

Edit Edit-- Just off the top I have a ridiculous choice of boards. Off the top: GNU CAB MTX, Burton Bullet, Burton Custom, Rome Anthem, Atomic Hatchet, Nitro Magnum and so on...

Last edited by DragonXero13; 10-27-2008 at 04:16 PM.
DragonXero13 is offline   Reply With Quote