DC Boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default DC Boards?

Hey Just wondering if anyone here has ridden a DC board or know someone who has and can share some thoughts on their quality and durability? I kinda wanna give the Ply or Mega a try.

Last edited by sterlingarcher; 04-23-2013 at 01:56 AM. Reason: spelling
sterlingarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a DC PBJ, it was a good quality board that I enjoyed for a few years it has now been semi retired I use it every once in a while riding my little backyard park. My cousin borrowed it to go riding with us last year and he enjoyed it. Overall it was a good first park board for me that helped with my progression, not the best, but good quality board
Punkwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

hey thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. i was starting to wonder why my post was getting stale and noone was posting! Would you buy DC again? have you ridden the forum destroyer? i have only ridden forum boards, both have been rocker and one flat or zero camber. I was looking into the forum destroyer camber. but DC's lock and load camber has really caught my attention. I want to buy a new park board for big rails. Unfortunately i cant find any people who have experienced DC boards or many in depth reviews.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

I prob wouldn't buy DC again unless they came out with something game changing. Im a big reverse camber fan or like boards that have rocker camber. I like the skate like feel having rocker underneath my bindings, just personal preference I guess. I know nothing of forum boards have never ridden them but they are a quality brand. I bought a never summer evo at the start of last year and it's by far my favorite board I have owned yet! Totally slays any park feature you throw at it.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

whats the evo got? camber under each feet and rocker everywhere else? does that lend it to ride more like a rocker or more like a camber overall?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I picked up a mega at the end of this season. So far i really like it. As said above the quality is good, and easy to progress on. The lock and load camber is pretty poppy and stable(just like a traditional camber) while still being catch free. Id say at least try one if you can, that way you can base your descision on your experience. Maybe order from dogfunk,backcountry, or another online retailer that allows no questions asked returns....or a local shop with the same policy.

I liked my experience enough that i will be picking up a 2014 devun for a freestyleish powder whip next season.

disclaimer: im speaking only of the ply and mega as i have only had experience on the lock and load camber decks and dislike most reverse camber boards by any brand.
tj_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

The evo is rocker under the feet to the outside of the inserts with camber out towards the tips
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

tj what kind of riding do you do on the mega?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingarcher View Post
tj what kind of riding do you do on the mega?
End of this season was a bit of everything(not powder), next season im retireing it to rails and jumps. It worked very well on groomed runs/blasting down blacks/double blacks, but to me it shines doing jumps and rails. Its a wee bit stiff for me to do any butters on(perhaps thats mostly becuase of my scrawny built body?) but i can get it to press out on boxes and rails alrite.
tj_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

To the OP, I had a PLY for a year until the tail snapped. DC warrantied it and sent me a MEGA this year so i'll give you a lowdown of what I think.

The PLY is more forgiving than the MEGA, less stiff, but still not as playful as a rocker board. Was stable at high speeds, really good to ollie with, and was very easy to jump/land with. The only negative I noticed was the edges had alot of little fractures from hitting rails, I don't remember my other boards fracturing as much.

The MEGA feels a lot more stiff than the PLY, the first day I rode it I wanted to return it because I thought I would never get used to the stiffness. Now I'm totally comfortable on it and actually prefer it over the PLY. It feels identical to the PLY honestly except that it is stiffer so my ollies might be a little bigger. Really good for jumping, and haven't noticed my edges cracking at all.

Both are great park boards, and I think the MEGA is a great all mountain board too. And for what its worth I do about 50/50 park and trail riding.

Chad
chad23 is offline   Reply With Quote