Giro G9 / G10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Giro G9 / G10

Today i went to the store and looked at the Giro G9 and G10..I didnt make a purchase for a few reasons...one they didnt have my size in the G10(wanted to try both) and two i wanted some questions answered about helmets..

First off will a helmet keep me warm enough without a beanie or something along thoses lines?(when it gets really chilly out there)

Second, the Giro G9 i could remove the plugs (i guessed name) on the inside of the helmet to let the air in for when i get hot in it. But i would have to remove my helmet and take them out..With the G10 there is like a little slide thingy on the top of the helmet to close the vents, open them half way or open them all the way..Is it worth the extra 30 dollars for this little extra luxury...Both helmets were comfortable to me and seemed to weigh about the same amount in my hand and on my head

any advise would be great and thank you for all the help

Last edited by coldblood92; 10-27-2008 at 03:08 PM.
coldblood92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

My wife has the G10. She likes it a lot. She didn't have any problems with it keeping her warm last season. The slide vent is nice. I can't honestly say if she just set it in the morning and was done with it or not...

Check out tramdock and whiskeymilitia. I see the G9 & G10 popping up on there all the time...
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

my girl has a G10 and I have a G9. The G9 fits my head a lot better and looks better IMO as well. I found the G10 too bulky. These helmets are so comfortable. I wouldn't wear a helmet unless its a G9. Its pretty easy to remove the vents out form the G9 and you can easily fold them and put it into the many unused pockets you will have in jacket and pants. You also add some earphones to these guys as well which is really cool.
zeeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Headys

ive got the G10 MX and i f'n love it. the vents are sweet and its ridiculously warm. theres also a knob at the base of your noggin to adjust how the helmet fits, which is pretty sweet.

overall - i'd reco this helmet to anyone.