Need help for choosing a park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help for choosing a park board

Hello!

I'm looking to get back into snowboarding but I need a good board for park! Don't care for rails but I want to get them spins etc. going on smallish/medium sized jumps. I'm 170cm (5ft6) and 63kg(skinny fucker). Figured a board around 150-154cm could be good. Got a decent deal on 2012 amplid dopamine 150cm board. Would that be a good choice? It's one ugly board though Anyways any suggestions welcome, I'm clueless about the current snowboard tech.

I've snowboarded like four times in the past 9 years, mainly with rentals and once with a decade old k2 darkstar with broken bindings. This winter I went for two days and the rental I had was the best board i've ever had by far. It was awesome, even landed some small fs 3's and had decent runs in the forests, it was smoooth. Just can't remember how long the rental was, maybe 154cm, just below my chin with shoes on. This made me realize how shitty my other boards from around 2000 were. Overall the whole trip was the best shit ever and made me wonder why haven't I done this more in the past years.

Last edited by jj998; 04-24-2013 at 03:21 PM.
jj998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj998 View Post
Hello!

I'm looking to get back into snowboarding but I need a good board for park! Don't care for rails but I want to get them spins etc. going on smallish/medium sized jumps. I'm 170cm (5ft6) and 63kg(skinny fucker). Figured a board around 150-154cm could be good. Got a decent deal on 2012 amplid dopamine 150cm board. Would that be a good choice? It's one ugly board though Anyways any suggestions welcome, I'm clueless about the current snowboard tech.

I've snowboarded like four times in the past 9 years, mainly with rentals and once with a decade old k2 darkstar with broken bindings. This winter I went for two days and the rental I had was the best board i've ever had by far. It was awesome, even landed some small fs 3's and had decent runs in the forests, it was smoooth. Just can't remember how long the rental was, maybe 154cm, just below my chin with shoes on. This made me realize how shitty my other boards from around 2000 were. Overall the whole trip was the best shit ever and made me wonder why haven't I done this more in the past years.
Same height as you, but a little heavier (70kg). Wouldnt exactly call 63 skinny ass - its actually still in the middle of the BMI healthy range. Anyway i ride a 152 K2 Parkstar, and love it - its a park board thats still good to go all over the mountain. Cant really comment on other boards since I dont ride many others but if i was recommended this size then i would say the 150 would be fine for you
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
Same height as you, but a little heavier (70kg). Wouldnt exactly call 63 skinny ass - its actually still in the middle of the BMI healthy range. Anyway i ride a 152 K2 Parkstar, and love it - its a park board thats still good to go all over the mountain. Cant really comment on other boards since I dont ride many others but if i was recommended this size then i would say the 150 would be fine for you
Cheers. I finally remembered the length of the rental, it was 150. Inspired by your post I checked out k2 fastplant and parkstar, I guess they could be good choices at least the reviews are good. With parkstar I'd choose 149(?) and 151 fastplant. The fastplant is pretty expensive so dunno.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yess, now it's here! Wanted to share the final setup:
- amplid dopamine 2012 150 board
- k2 hurrithane bindings

Damn! I wish there would be snow already!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You'll enjoy owning your own gear, I hope you have well-fitting boots!

Season Over. 23.
But they were great days.
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote