Board for all mountain and rails - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh83 View Post
I'd would go with a footed cambered board.
What is "footed camber" - never heard that term.

And yes, at 6'2" and 150 lbs, I recommend adding fries, rings, and a milkshake to that cheeseburger!
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
You can't have a board that does both. Unless you like ending up on your face. If you run a dull edge all mountain then you're not really riding all mountain, your just sliding your way down the hill. If you run sharp edges on rails you're going to end up with broken wrists. Buy two boards on clearance.
2 boards might happen somewhere down the line but for this summer/ next season I'm going to have to start with 1. I think I'll be able to get away with sharper edges since I've been skiing park for the last 2 years and will have to hit mellower features to begin with. Thanks for the suggestions. At this point I'm leaning towards the salomon villain, but more input would be great.

I will have to look into investing in a solid cheeseburger.
rcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooper View Post
2 boards might happen somewhere down the line but for this summer/ next season I'm going to have to start with 1. I think I'll be able to get away with sharper edges since I've been skiing park for the last 2 years and will have to hit mellower features to begin with. Thanks for the suggestions. At this point I'm leaning towards the salomon villain, but more input would be great.

I will have to look into investing in a solid cheeseburger.

What's your budget? If you can swing $300 total you can grab something like a K2 Raygun for around $200 and you should have no problem finding a used older model jib specific board around $100 on Craigslist or eBay.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
What's your budget? If you can swing $300 total you can grab something like a K2 Raygun for around $200 and you should have no problem finding a used older model jib specific board around $100 on Craigslist or eBay.
X2 on the raygun. Thats what i ride,I keep thinking I want a new board just for park....
But then I get off the lift and remember how much i like this thing.
great all mountain,I havent hit rails on it....but lots and lots of boxes,does great Boardsliding Boxes + Funny Fail - YouTube.
(boardslides,nose/tail slides/presses okay,nothing spectacular though)
i have talked to a lot of people on the mountain who agreee with me,this is a fun all mountain board,that isnt afraid of the park.
LTP1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Footed camber has cambered sections underneath your feet with rocker on the tips and center of the board...Thats what I call it atleast. Check out the Travis Rice Pro. It has "footed camber"... <---camber - rocker - camber--->

Last edited by jwelsh83; 05-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

I picked up a salomon villain. What bindings would be good for probably 60% park and 40% all mountain? I've been looking at cartels, union forces, and union contact pros.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Salomon Holograms or Districts. That's what I rode them on, I ride Holograms. GREAT bindings.

From your list if '13 The Cartels or if you like soft bindings the Contact Pro's. I will reserve suggestions regarding the Force '14 till I ride them. I actually have high hopes. I just don't want to be let down and cry.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm leaning towards the holograms. Do you think they will be too soft for some faster all mountain/ freeride while still spending a lot of time in the park?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

I love my 2013 cartels. I put a lot of days on them this past season and they've held up really well. They are a great(est?) All around binder. The straps seem to have stretched out though. Consider that if you buy some and are on the m / L bubble.
-endorsement
blz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love the holograms they are not really that soft when you go edge to edge only when you go tip to tail. I rode them on my blacklist all last season and never wanted to take them off.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all mountain, jib, park