2008 Snowboard Recommendation - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
LetMeRide

Default 2008 Snowboard Recommendation

I am new to boarding and have only been out twice before. I am looking for a board that is probably more of an intermediate level than beginner so I can grow into it. I will primarily plan on riding on groomed trails in Michigan so mainly ice and no powder. Being able to hit a rail or something in park in the future would be nice. Can anyone recommend a last year (2008) board? I've heard people mention Rome, Never Summer, Forum, but nothing specific. Trying to stay away from burton because of the cost. Im 155 lbs, 9.5 foot and will be riding in Michigan. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wu-Tang

Default Well Sadly

for the first time in my life im going to say maybe just a random burton board. they are more expensive than most boards but they are great all around boards that are pretty durable. haveing a good all around board when u are first learning is a great way to find out if u like park jibbing or just carving which will lead you to find a good board just for you in the future
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Capita Stairmaster

Get some boots first though.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
kylekilljoy

for all around riding you probably dont want a stairmaster seeing as ive heard all about how its a hardcore park/street board. if i were you I would go with a forum recon. Ive heard that it has beautiful flex for a directional board and still manages to be a a great freeride board.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Actually the stairmaster is a very versatile board that can handle it all. I'd say for the price its not a bad option especially for MI. I'll also toss out the Atomic hatchet, Never summer SL/Evo, K2 darkstar, jibpan, rome agent, to name a few.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
kylekilljoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Actually the stairmaster is a very versatile board that can handle it all. I'd say for the price its not a bad option especially for MI. I'll also toss out the Atomic hatchet, Never summer SL/Evo, K2 darkstar, jibpan, rome agent, to name a few.
Well fine if youre going to completely undermine me!
:'(
Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Get boots, then pick up a Rome Agent if you plan to ride about 50/50 trails/park. or even 70/30. The Forum Recon is a great board for the price too. The Agent is a better board though.

and what BA said^^^^^^^^^^^
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
LetMeRide

Why get boots first?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeRide View Post
Why get boots first?
Boots are the most important part of your setup. Without proper fitting boots, you could be in pain all day, even with the sickest $799 carbon-infused board.

Make sure you get boots first, then bindings that fit the boot, then a board to suit your style of riding.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
highermindF-ect

Default Boot Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Boots are the most important part of your setup. Without proper fitting boots, you could be in pain all day, even with the sickest $799 carbon-infused board.

Make sure you get boots first, then bindings that fit the boot, then a board to suit your style of riding.
I agree, I am a boot junkie. There is nothing worse than a painful day on the Mountain.