[Consolidation] Deep pow-bility of all mountain boards - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've ridden the 160 & 163 burton Sherlock in deep deep Japan pow and they float fine. Absolutely did not feel like I was missing out on a pow board (of which I have owned and ridden many: off the top of my head - 56&60 fish, 64 Charlie slasher, 66 gentem slasher, 62 malolo, 59 landlord, 59 cheetah, 52 con artist, barracuda, 62& 68 gyrator, 48 fishcuit, 63 juice wagon, fanatic royal fish & more).

You know what's a great twin for pow? The nug! I'm now on the Root and love it in all conditions
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
EDIT: While I appreciate all the recommendations, the original intention of this thread is to consolidate the effectiveness of actual boards in deep powder. Subjective I know but better than guessing

Name, weight, total riding days, powder condition, board,url?
Neni, 123, 450, 40cm, Jones Flagship 158 > super fun in 40cm (deepest I've been in), would handle deeper pow without problem
"Hubby", 190, 800+, 40cm, NS Raptor 164 > does well but he wants to get a longer one if we get into real deep (e.g. next March in Canada )

Last edited by neni; 05-11-2013 at 05:42 AM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Neni, 123, 450, 40cm, Jones Flagship 158 > super fun in 40cm (deepest I've been in), would handle deeper pow without problem
"Hubby", 190, 800+, 40cm, NS Raptor 164 > does well but he wants to get a longer one if we get into real deep (e.g. next March in Canada )
almost missed the hint ... edit #1 to "total riding days"
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
this thread is full-retard.

OP rides 300+ days a year and needs advice on a snowboard? how the fuck do you ride 300+ days in a year?

you want a twin that is 'on par' with a pow board - it doesn't exist. twins are far from ideal for pow. you want one that is dialed in for pow - don't get a twin. they'll all suck similarly.

blunted nose: you are absolutely THE LAST person on the planet qualified to recommend a board to anyone you spaz.... like you know how to ride powder anyways - you blame everything on your board. learn to ride.

concrete info on boards used in deep pow: they aren't twins.

Fuck your mother... How many times I got to a snowboard shops where the guy recommends a rocker twin for deep pow because in his head its makes sense.
Calling shit out like that over interwebz is ridiculouse and downright stupid. As for op, I was going to say that a full rocker board might do it all but it will still suck in deep pow as well on groomers. Better off becoming a quiver guy for a pow stick.....

Also blaming shit on the board is for jokes. I know just as well as you do it's my fault. Beside you haven't seen me ride so again; making stupid accusations.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Rooster King

bro, you know shit about shit.

i don't need to see you ride - the fact that you don't know what kind of board you need says enough. so does the fact that you walk into a snowboard shop and ask the people working there for advice.

90% of all your posts on this site are about you blaming your snowboard for your riding ability. its a joke. you need less money and more heart. just go fucking ride you pussy - you MIGHT get better then.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Fuck your mother... How many times I got to a snowboard shops where the guy recommends a rocker twin for deep pow because in his head its makes sense.
Calling shit out like that over interwebz is ridiculouse and downright stupid. As for op, I was going to say that a full rocker board might do it all but it will still suck in deep pow as well on groomers. Better off becoming a quiver guy for a pow stick.....

Also blaming shit on the board is for jokes. I know just as well as you do it's my fault. Beside you haven't seen me ride so again; making stupid accusations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
bro, you know shit about shit.

i don't need to see you ride - the fact that you don't know what kind of board you need says enough. so does the fact that you walk into a snowboard shop and ask the people working there for advice.

90% of all your posts on this site are about you blaming your snowboard for your riding ability. its a joke. you need less money and more heart. just go fucking ride you pussy - you MIGHT get better then.
Lol and, wth Blunted all of a sudden gets offended? Smoke another bowl bro we like you retarded and punchbaggy. Hey Blunted this is a Mervin Hokkaido thread so just STFU and let HKTRKRED fucking handle it.

Last edited by snowklinger; 05-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ah, I see I need to add stats: 160lbs, roughly 839 days riding

Seriously, the powder in Japan rides just like powder elsewhere. Yes, hokkers pow is crazy light, but it's still powder. It doesn't matter if you have a pointy nose or a blunt, snowboards all float. I'll say it again, if you're riding trees, the nug is the most amazing twin that floats like mad. I just got a 48 spliff and after 3 days on it, my k2 panoramic, which I rated as a good board, got relegated to the for sale block.
Fwiw, I have ridden the 61 ultra dream in pow & hardpack, and it's not bad. It didn't have more float than my 150 nug though. I find overall that I'm not a Big fan of k2's flat camber. It performs well but feels dead-ish to me
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post

Seriously, the powder in Japan rides just like powder elsewhere. Yes, hokkers pow is crazy light, but it's still powder. It doesn't matter if you have a pointy nose or a blunt, snowboards all float. I'll say it again, if you're riding trees, the nug is the most amazing twin that floats like mad. I just got a 48 spliff and after 3 days on it, my k2 panoramic, which I rated as a good board, got relegated to the for sale block.
Fwiw, I have ridden the 61 ultra dream in pow & hardpack, and it's not bad. It didn't have more float than my 150 nug though. I find overall that I'm not a Big fan of k2's flat camber. It performs well but feels dead-ish to me

Haha ETM says you need a 190 to ride japan pow. You say you need a nug. Is japan that mellow?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #39 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Haha ETM says you need a 190 to ride japan pow. You say you need a nug. Is japan that mellow?
LOL at this thread.
I built myself a 180, Im a big boy and I like to point it and charge so it makes sense to have a board like that for me.
The board worked so well its not funny mostly due to the profile of the nose, I learned things about snowboard design that some people who disagree with me probably have yet to learn, maybe they never will, maybe they dont want to, thats ok with me.
It doesnt matter in the end what you ride as long as you have fun, I say again there are a lot of good boards for riding powder and a neversummer is not even on the radar as far as I am concerned. On any other forum in the world nobody would care that I said that. On this forum its like I fucked all the moderators sisters in a gangbang.

Peace lol
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post

My buddy in Nagano who has been riding 120 days a year for 20+ years is on a Nug at the moment (amongst others). he loves it.

Do you rate the float as high as the other Burton decks like the Cheetah or 163 Sherlock?

Surely its not as good?

I just can't get my head round it but would love to demo.

Since I way a bit more than you (175) do you happen to know if they have a bigger size? 153 154?

must be crazy easy to 360

@ETM any 170s coming out of your press this year?
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote