Burton antler - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntipodeanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 220
Default Burton antler

My sister lives in NYC and is coming over to see me in NZ, my mate wants her to bring a 160.5 antler over, but unless I am missing something I cannot find this board anywhere online at all?

Is it really that popular it has sold out in the USA?? Any help or inside knowledge would be appreciated? Is it all hype or just poorly stocked??
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,470
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
My sister lives in NYC and is coming over to see me in NZ, my mate wants her to bring a 160.5 antler over, but unless I am missing something I cannot find this board anywhere online at all?

Is it really that popular it has sold out in the USA?? Any help or inside knowledge would be appreciated? Is it all hype or just poorly stocked??
The antler was first year in production last year and as a high price point board they may have not made a lot of them.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntipodeanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 220
Default

makes sense, anybody ridden one of these boards for a season and can post a review? Managed to find a couple here in NZ
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,470
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
makes sense, anybody ridden one of these boards for a season and can post a review? Managed to find a couple here in NZ
I rode a demo for an afternoon, very fun board, light, playful. Quick edge to edge. A little softer than my Sherlock, spins easy. Like all Flying V boards it will not perform as well as camber in icy conditions.

I think it's a good concept, much of the high tech features typically get devoted to fast hard charging boards, there has been a gap in the burton line and other makers that this fills, bringing high tech to a mid flex deck.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntipodeanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I rode a demo for an afternoon, very fun board, light, playful. Quick edge to edge. A little softer than my Sherlock, spins easy. Like all Flying V boards it will not perform as well as camber in icy conditions.

I think it's a good concept, much of the high tech features typically get devoted to fast hard charging boards, there has been a gap in the burton line and other makers that this fills, bringing high tech to a mid flex deck.
Cheers Lamps (Don't suppose that is after the Chelsea Legend himself is it?!). Seem to find a lot of people who have demoed one but nobody who has taken the plunge. I reckon I might keep my cambered Juss 2008 which for an old board still holds a damn good edge on crappy days. Then get the Antler but a bit smaller 157.5 for a good conditions play and park board, reckon I could get away with that at 85kg in the buff?
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums