Burton antler - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton antler

My sister lives in NYC and is coming over to see me in NZ, my mate wants her to bring a 160.5 antler over, but unless I am missing something I cannot find this board anywhere online at all?

Is it really that popular it has sold out in the USA?? Any help or inside knowledge would be appreciated? Is it all hype or just poorly stocked??
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
My sister lives in NYC and is coming over to see me in NZ, my mate wants her to bring a 160.5 antler over, but unless I am missing something I cannot find this board anywhere online at all?

Is it really that popular it has sold out in the USA?? Any help or inside knowledge would be appreciated? Is it all hype or just poorly stocked??
The antler was first year in production last year and as a high price point board they may have not made a lot of them.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

makes sense, anybody ridden one of these boards for a season and can post a review? Managed to find a couple here in NZ
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
makes sense, anybody ridden one of these boards for a season and can post a review? Managed to find a couple here in NZ
I rode a demo for an afternoon, very fun board, light, playful. Quick edge to edge. A little softer than my Sherlock, spins easy. Like all Flying V boards it will not perform as well as camber in icy conditions.

I think it's a good concept, much of the high tech features typically get devoted to fast hard charging boards, there has been a gap in the burton line and other makers that this fills, bringing high tech to a mid flex deck.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I rode a demo for an afternoon, very fun board, light, playful. Quick edge to edge. A little softer than my Sherlock, spins easy. Like all Flying V boards it will not perform as well as camber in icy conditions.

I think it's a good concept, much of the high tech features typically get devoted to fast hard charging boards, there has been a gap in the burton line and other makers that this fills, bringing high tech to a mid flex deck.
Cheers Lamps (Don't suppose that is after the Chelsea Legend himself is it?!). Seem to find a lot of people who have demoed one but nobody who has taken the plunge. I reckon I might keep my cambered Juss 2008 which for an old board still holds a damn good edge on crappy days. Then get the Antler but a bit smaller 157.5 for a good conditions play and park board, reckon I could get away with that at 85kg in the buff?