Rome Solution or Forum Recon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
LetMeRide

Default Rome Solution or Forum Recon

Someone recommended the above boards for me. What do you think?

I'm 5'8, 155lbs, 9.5 foot. I will be riding on groomed snow for the most part (michigan), not much park as I'm new to boarding. I've been wakeboarding for a few years so feel like I will pick up snowboaring fairly easily. I dont necessarily want a board I will outgrow in a season. Also, looking to spend around $300 for the board alone...not much more. Last year models are probably my best option. Other suggestions for a board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey,

I'm about your size 5'7 170 and started my first year boarding last year on a solution 158 and had no problems. I ride no park and this board is great for just cruising the groomers and learning to ride. I think it will last me a couple more years of east coast riding and improving. The only change I'm making this year is switching from the rome arsenal bindings to the rome 390's to see if I like the slightly softer flexing bindings. For your weight the solution 156 should be perfect for riding the groomers. I can't comment on the Recon, but that was also recommended to me last year by guys on here, but when I compared the two the solution seemed like a better board and I have no regrets with getting it. The other board that was highly recommended By Snowolf and some other guys was the Atomic Coldsmoke. The only reason I went with the Solution over the Coldsmoke was the price I got on a 06/07 Solution. I'm sure much more experienced guys will give you a list of good options.
Celt943 is offline   Reply With Quote