stomp pads. . . - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
alias_ak88

Arrow stomp pads. . .

Are these really neccisary? which ones do you recommend and which have you used? Is it weird that i want to keep my back foot straped in when skating instead of front? would you advise against this? i have always pushed mongo on my longboard so that just feels natural. . . . where on the deck should i position the stomp bad after i buy one? AND lastley. . is it just me or does snowolf give some damn god advice and instruction. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Not vital, use traction dots/studs (they allow you to customize your traction), HAHA MONGO, put the stomp pad/dots/studs where you would normally place your non-strapped foot.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
forum_jiblet

ok well spiked stomp pads are the best imo... i have none on my board now i gotta get some.. my old burtom custom i had a "hot legz" stomp pad.. but as for the footing thing.. when i first started snowboarding i wanted to use the back foot too... but alot of instructors advised against it..you have less balance and getting on and off thelift would be a pain because your back foot would twist all funky when your getting on, and when your getting off your back foot would have to lift almost the entire weght of your board.. when you use your front foot you only have to turn sideways in the chair and lift your foot up a bit.. after that (if you can ride with your front foot strapped in and your back foot on the stomp pad) its smooth sailing..
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
nos

Pros: Less likely to fall of fwhen exiting chairlift, but if you're good enough you can do without it. Also, if your doing some tricks with no foot you can land on it.

Cons: Can ruin the looks of your board.

My "stomp pad" is just two minature Burton symbols. So they don't look terrible, and still help.
nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
alias_ak88

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
Not vital, use traction dots/studs (they allow you to customize your traction), HAHA MONGO put the stomp pad/dots/studs where you would normally place your non-strapped foot.
i know you did not just make fun of me for pushing mongo! I used to push MILES and MILES every day and for some odd reason i found pushing with my left foot to be a lot more powerfull. im talkind 5+ miles a day without bombing hills. . . so i guess you need to initiate turns with your front foot not ur back so i need to glide or "skate" like every one else does? now can i plz see pictures of where on ur boards u place your stomp bads.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm curious as to how you intend to push mongo on a snowboard.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
alias_ak88

well i would un strap my front foot and leave my back foot straped at the lift line
Old 11-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
magickrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_ak88 View Post
now can i plz see pictures of where on ur boards u place your stomp bads.
These are the studs that you can place on your board with any design
if i was you i would get these
http://www.s2as.com/uploads/dakine_p..._stomp_pad.jpg

the green board i bought with the stomp pad their
and then the k2 fuse i put the studs on where u can see a couple of them on the board
Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Twix

I think strapping your back foot as opposed to your front foot could be dangerous. Just the mechanics of it. Unless you're gonna get off the lift riding switch. You could catch the nose of your board on the exit hill and end up with a bum knee or ankle. You would have to stay really concious of keeping that nose up. With your front foot strapped in, obviously the nose of your board just stays up on it's own. I mean do what you want, nobody can tell you what feels right for you. But I think once you get out there you'll find that keeping it normal is just easier.

Your stomp pad needs to go wherever you're going to place your unstrapped foot in order for you to have control over yourself and your board as to not injur yourself or more importantly anyone else.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

DaKine makes a killer of a stop pad. super sharps spikes that have never frozen over on me.

I use them as it helps me control my board while skating it and getting off lifts. Not a necessity but its a nice mental help to me knoing my back foot isn't going to slide out on me.