2013/2014 Setup Pics - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013/2014 Setup Pics

Hope you won't mind a newbie getting this rolling, but I was inspired by AnnaMC's thread with so many enjoying closeout sales and last years thread which I am sure I am not alone in having sat and scrolled through every page just to look at some awesome looking creations and inspiration.

I would ask that we stick to boards and bindings, maybe boots as I don't think we need to see every piece of snowboard clothing we own. Be nice if we could keep it positive/constructive (not naming any names), everybody has different budgets and tastes and not everyone's new gear is new, so want everybody to share what has them stoked for next season (lucky people who get next years gear in advance to review or demo feel free to chip in if you are allowed)

I will try get the ball rolling when I get back from work
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Nothing new for me so far... I'll possibly get a new Virus next season as I've damaged mine pretty good.

So (L to R):

Prior Brandywine 153 w/Burton Scribes (GFs newest board)
Burton Custom 156 w/Burton Cartels (camber play board bought used this year, bought bindings new)
Burton T7 159 w/Burton C60s (this was my main board until this year, now it's my rock freeride board)
Virus Avalanche FLP AFT 160 w/Burton Diodes (love this board for EVERYTHING, but at $1250 a pop on a group buy, it's not cheap when you break one landing on a rock...)

I ride with Burton Driver X boots (2010 that have probably about 100 days on them now). The Fiancee rides with Nitro boots that she seems to love (although she can never get the laces quite right).

Looking forward to October!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Same setup as last year

Flow infinite with GNU choice bindings.
However, looking to switch out and get new bindings. Just haven't really been happy with the choice.

Jollybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Nothing new for me so far... I'll possibly get a new Virus next season as I've damaged mine pretty good.
The Virus looks like a beast!! Just read your review on it I was so intrigued, I am hoping to add a bombing board to my quiver once I have my missus up to speed but that looks like a lot of board to handle and a little out of my price range. What have you done to it?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Setup for this year:

Jussi 159 2008 w/ cartels- cambered for firm/icy days
Antler 157.5 w/cartels- my new board to play on

Excuse the socks but picture of mine and the gf's rack

Old 05-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!

Its not a bad picture of yours, although it is a little bit of a letdown concerning your girls' rack.

Last edited by snowklinger; 05-21-2013 at 04:30 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Its not a bad picture of yours rack, although it is a little bit of a letdown concerning your girls' rack.
I know but she says its too expensive too upgrade and she is happy with what she has got
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
I know but she says its too expensive too upgrade and she is happy with what she has got
Jollybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
The Virus looks like a beast!! Just read your review on it I was so intrigued, I am hoping to add a bombing board to my quiver once I have my missus up to speed but that looks like a lot of board to handle and a little out of my price range. What have you done to it?
It's actually not tough at all to ride. It's softer than the Burton T7, and the big nose makes it a blast in powder. It was a little weird at first but after that really ridable. You can really lean the thing over if you want to get crazy!

I entered a "big mountain" comptetition and was planning on riding the T7 (since I already had big gouges in it) but then I found out we only got one run to make it through the qualifiers! Plus there was a couple feet of powder, so I figured it'd be safe to ride the Virus. Near the end of my run I came off a jump and landed square on a rock between my heels. Bend the edge of the board up in that section a couple mils, and I think I've damaged the core. I'll keep riding it until it blows up...

Quote:
Now this guy's funny!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Left to right is...

K2 153 Jibpan, was K2 Cinch CTX Bindings, Now FLOW 5's

K2 154 Fastplant, was K2 AutoEver Bindings, Now FLOW 5's

Ride DH2 Flow 5's

For boots i have 3 pairs of Van Auras, 1 pair half size larger for the cold weather and thicker socks, but then we get -20/-30 regularly in Norway and 2 pairs for slush, so i don't have to stress about them drying...

Other equipment that i class essential are

Sweet Grinder, Back protector, chilling days
Forcefield Flight Back/Chest protector for harder days with off piste more aggressive riding.

Sweet Grimnir Mips Helmet... AWESOME helmet i have to say...

Goggles are Oakley Airwaves with choice of using all of there different lens, but i have 4 pairs of Crowbar as well, which are always in the car...

Camera is Contour+2
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote