Any opinion on BOA lacing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any opinion on BOA lacing?

i previously had the burton Motto's which had upper and lower sections for tightening on the fly with a draw string..
I have no complaints with the boots or the feel of the tightness... i have never used traditional lacing before so i was curious peoples opinions on the pro's and con's of each...

Also if you had/have BOA currently drop your 2 cents

thanks
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i have the double boa and i must say....

IT RAWKS!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When you're looking at boa boots look at the lace guides that the cable feeds through there are some shitty designs. Also you want the coiler system its the newest generation of it, it'll actually say coiler on the knob. I've been on boa now for 5 seasons and I don't plan on going back any time soon it does just what it says.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

I myself have never had boa boots. I bought my wife some boa dc's two years back. She loved them. I have always wanted some. But have loved the lace up's from Thirtytwo. I would definitely try them
RomeBeta32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just upgraded from traditional to speed zone and cant imagine life getting better. I was worried about the lower zone till I heard about double boa systems.
lopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My wife has them on her vans boots and she loves them. As with all boots, it is a personal fit issue. I've heard some people have issues with some boots with BOA being too tight in one area and too lose in another. Sounds like the dual system might fix that, but make sure the boot itself fit you or no matter what you do to lace 'em up, they will suck.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
andrew_schenk

i bought a pair of boots a couple years ago with the single boa, and after bringing them home i decided i really didnt like it, took them back and got traditional laces.

this year i wanted to give the boa system another shot, more specifically the dual boa... i got a pair of 32 Focus boa with the dual knobs (adjusts upper and lower)... and its like night and day the difference between having the dual knob... fast and easy to tighten and loosen, and more importantly can be finely adjusted to the perfect tightness, for a nice snug fit.

when i got the 32's i also tried on a pair of DC's with dual boa and for me they didnt even come close to the 32 fit and feel.

Dual BOA
Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
neva non profit

Never owned a pair of BOA boots because i never found a pair that would work for me. I could never get the lower part of the boot tight enough, but the top would be WAY too tight!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neva non profit View Post
Never owned a pair of BOA boots because i never found a pair that would work for me. I could never get the lower part of the boot tight enough, but the top would be WAY too tight!
Cankles? Just joking....sorry I couldn't resist.

I just bought a pair of Vans Fargo BOAs and like the way they fit so far (haven't actually used them so we'll see). I tried the double BOA as well, but didn't see a big difference in fit for me as the single seemed to tighten both upper and lower just fine....but I could see how it could be a problem depending on your feet and legs.

I just love how easy they are to tighten and loosen on the fly. My biggest problem with my old Northwave lace up boots was how lose they became after a few runs. It was always a pain to tighten them on the lift just to have them loosen up again. I think the BOA will fix this.

I tried the Burton system as well and thought it was pretty good but think the BOA is still much easier.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
forum_jiblet

reg laces for the win..