Is this fixable? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
markland

Default Is this fixable?

First post but need your help, is this fixable?

Last edited by markland; 11-04-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Resize and add pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

re size that sucker to 680x480. It'll make viewing it a bit easier on the eyes. Some stuff can be done to it. If it can't be hammered out the edge would have to be removed and replaced. Not sure if you need that at all. Does this dent affect the riding performance of the board? It almost looks like it's something you could leave alone. Along with the close up, a panned out view of the edge would be nice to see the overall impact of this. Definitely something you can take into a repair shop and see what they say. It probably won't be a cheap fix.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well i believe it's rather small (the photo looks bigger than the actual dent) and it does seem like It's just before your effective edge.but size it for a better look.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
markland

Edited picture size and added another, no it doesn't affect the ride but id still like to know if i can fix it.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I had very similar damage to my Floater. They pushed it out and evened out the material for like $15. Mine was in the effective edge though. I don't know why you would even mess with that if it's on the nose/tail.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
markland

Im just a little concerned that it could get worse? its a 07/08 Capita Mid Life Artist btw.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's much better. It certainly looks like something that can get fixed. It looks like you have a little bit of a delam going on. So some moisture is probably going to get in there and make it spread a bit. At some point you'll probably want to get it fixed. I did a very similar thing to a board 5-6 years ago. The guy at the Edgeworks said it was fine for me to take it out more as is. He actually wanted the delam to get a bit bigger to make it easier for him to fix. I got the job done after two or three more days of riding and it came out fine. I also don't think you are going to do any catastrophic damage to your board by riding it some before you get it fixed. cifex is right, it shouldn't be a very expensive fix either.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
markland

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
It looks like you have a little bit of a delam going on.
Is the Delam you're on about highlighted by the yellow oval? this can be fixed with some sort of glue can't it?

Last edited by markland; 11-04-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, where the board appears to be coming apart. Most store bought blues or epoxies are not going to be able to handle it. The main reason being the cold temps you ride in and the flexing of the board. They will hold for a bit but break down given time. Shops should have epoxies that are better made to handle this kind of abuse. Epoxies that are not as available to the general public. Tognar should carry them if you are inclined to do it yourself. Though if you are going to go through the hassle to close the delam, you might as well get the edge fixed too. As I mentioned, having it get a little bigger will probably make it easier to repair it in the long run.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

My burton bullet had a much worse edge bash than that and Colorado ski and golf had no problem fixing it for about 20 bucks. Take it to a reputable shop.