Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Skate Banana vs MC Kink btx (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/8276-skate-banana-vs-mc-kink-btx.html)

Go_PRE 11-05-2008 10:31 AM

Skate Banana vs MC Kink btx

What are the differences between the SB and the MC Kink BTX? I've heard mixed thoughts: the MC Kink is softer, the MC Kink is stiffer.

I orignaly wanted to purchase the Skate Banana, but my local board shop sold out. They mentioned they have the MC Kink and I'm not familiar. Any thoughts are appreciated.

RidePowder 11-05-2008 11:33 AM

go with what you want. just get it off dogfunk

brtnsnwbrdr 11-05-2008 11:48 AM

The Kink comes in 2 sizes (153 & 155) whereas the Skate Banana has 5 sizes (148, 151, 152, 156 and 159). The Kink has a middle flex whereas the Banana has a softer to stiffer flex depending on what size you're riding. It gets stiffer as it get's bigger. That sounds gross. Anyways. The Kink is wider all around. So get what fits your feet. Hope this helps.

Go_PRE 11-05-2008 12:38 PM

Yes, this information is helpful. Although I believe the MC Kink btx also comes in a 157. So if I'm comparing the State Banana 156 to the MC Kink 157, the MC Kink should be stiffer? This seems a little odd to me because I thought the MC Kink was specifically intended for jibbing.

BurtonAvenger 11-05-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidePowder (Post 77420)
go with what you want. just get it off dogfunk

Yeah great advice don't support your local snowboard shop.

The MC Kink is stiffer with a longer effective edge. The BT on it isn't as defined its barely noticible. The interesting thing about it is the nose/tail shape its very snub nosed. It was one of the stiffer boards I rode last year.

The skatebanana is a lot softer since it has nothing to add stiffness in the tip and tail, more BT in it so really rockered. Going to press a lot easier.

The MC Kink stands for Matt Cummins Kink if you know who he is you know its not a jib stick its designed to destroy the mountains in the PNW.

Bananzaaa 11-13-2008 01:29 PM

skate banana all the way.you can slash anything the mt throws at you, with steeze. you wont be dissapointed. also i picked my 09 sb from boardparadise whice had 15% off so i got it for 399.00 not bad i know..

Phoenix 11-13-2008 01:51 PM

the kink also has a greater angle on the tip and tail, ummm how do I put it...... its shaped more like a u than most boards. shizzle am I making sense???:dunno:

the ends are more kinky!:D

blind311 02-24-2009 01:15 PM

i highly recomend the mc kink

i just bought an mc kink btx with the ride spi's. the board is just a good all around board. this board is also a jibbing board it is a little stiffer but the kink adds transition ease. a kinked tail and nose is a curve derived from a kink. it floats over all obstaces with ease and its great for climbing walls! before january i had been out of snowboarding for close to 2 years because i was iron working(commercial constuction hard labor)so i was too tired to go riding when i had free time so i quit that job and begain riding again in january of 09. im from seattle and a common misconseption is our snow. it is good when it snow and if we have a good season it snows alot but on days when it doesnt snow it is ice and really hardpack. i moved to cali in june of 08 and have done all my riding down here this year. the magne traction is a good board for hardpack and the banana tech floats over powder with ease and even easier with the kink. ive been a skateboarder for over ten years so naturaly i wanted to only do boxes and rails when i snowboarded. i was a park rat to the max. i had a 9 foot custom rail and would drive an hour to the mnt even when it was closed just to do an hour of jibbing by myself. but this year i wanted to step my riding up and still do park. so i didnt just want a jib stick. this board was the perfect board and yet still a good jib stick. i paid 330 OTD for a 500 dollar board because i bought it in feb it was 40% off. dont sell yourself short this board is an all around great board if u like the sk8 banana than the mc kink is 4 u it doesnt come in a 155 it comes in a 153 and 157. another thing is im a size 11 boot and i didnt want a wide. most 157 are only 25.2 to 25.5 but the mc kn has a waist width of 25.9. so if u want a shorter board thats going to fit a bigger shoe size this is ur board!