my first board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default my first board!

ok so I've decided I'm defiantly a boarded even after only one full day learning (going back next week) and want some advice regarding a board of my own!

I'm 5' 8 and a 175lbs (but loosing weight ATM) I really like the bataleon whatever and Goliath boards , but I'm short on cash flow ATM I ride a 151 in the indoor slope but I'm not sure if this would be too small for the mountain when I go next year?

and advice on a good solid board to learn on but that will still carry me for a few years?

I will probabley buy second hand as I can't afford a board/bindings and a trip away!

or do I carry on renting a board until I get better then buy?

cheers guys!
ADS0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS0608 View Post
ok so I've decided I'm defiantly a boarded even after only one full day learning (going back next week) and want some advice regarding a board of my own!

I'm 5' 8 and a 175lbs (but loosing weight ATM) I really like the bataleon whatever and Goliath boards , but I'm short on cash flow ATM I ride a 151 in the indoor slope but I'm not sure if this would be too small for the mountain when I go next year?

and advice on a good solid board to learn on but that will still carry me for a few years?

I will probabley buy second hand as I can't afford a board/bindings and a trip away!

or do I carry on renting a board until I get better then buy?

cheers guys!
Not entirely sure what you meant to say at the start of your post, but have gathered from this you have the bug which is great. I personally would not bother getting a board until you are going to be hitting the mountain. If you are doing indoor just use the rental stuff. Sods law suggests you will put some damage on the board playing on the features before it even reaches a proper mountain.

This way you can take your time, look for a decent second hand board on ebay or save some cash over next year and hit the shops, give some thought to what kind of riding you are going to be doing, do some research and then be real stoked with your first board. For starters you will need to go bigger than a 151 I think.

Hope this helps, know it isnt what you want to hear when you get the bug, but you will thank me in the long run....maybe
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you get on well with the TBT on bataleon boards then great - it's a love it or hate it thing. May be worth trying out the Evil Twin too, but if you've found sticks you like then go with it!

As for size, I'm guessing you'd want to go up a little if possible For your first trip though you'll be fine on the stick you learned on since you're probably not going to be going 50mph.

Saying that, I did buy a new board for my first trip
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote