Drake DTM's - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Default Drake DTM's

I just got a Evil Twin 155 for my park board and now I'm looking for bindings to put on it. I mostly hit rails and when I do jump it is nothing bigger than 30 feet. I think I have decided on Drake DTMs. If anybody has any experience with them it would be great to hear from you. If anybody has any suggestions for another cheap flexy binding throw it out there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah I have the DTMs on my rail board. They're a cheap binding in my opinion just because the base and highback are low end plastic but I was really impressed with the straps because they are really comfortable and low profile. The toe strap works well as a cap strap even though you would think it by looking at it. Theyre a light binding too so I'd recomend them over a lot of other brands that are charging more.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Yeah I have only seen them on the internet and the base did look like cheap plastic. the one thing I want out of these bindings is that they last and they are flexible. I think I am still going to get them just because I can't find a better deal unless I get some burton freestyles and those are the definition of a cheap binding.

On the other hand I could pay a little more to get a pair of Union Cadet DLXs and that comes with a lifetime warranty on the base. Anybody have any good info on those.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nidecker Vipers worked incredibly well for park bindings for me last year, and the legends this year seem really nice

Im also pretty interested in Union bindings, mostly the data
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's hard for me to really chime in on this since Rails is not my scene, however with regards to the Cadet DLX bindings, I had my friend pick up a pair of last years and they look and feel great. Pretty light weight not, cheap feeling at all and the straps are pretty much the same as my Data's. You definitely can't beat the lifetime warranty either... that said I cannot say how they handle on rails since they haven't been ridden yet
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Yeah I have only seen them on the internet and the base did look like cheap plastic. the one thing I want out of these bindings is that they last and they are flexible. I think I am still going to get them just because I can't find a better deal unless I get some burton freestyles and those are the definition of a cheap binding.

On the other hand I could pay a little more to get a pair of Union Cadet DLXs and that comes with a lifetime warranty on the base. Anybody have any good info on those.
Don't get the Burton freestyles...those things should be illegal to sell they suck so much. Anyways i'm pretty happy with the quality of the DTM based on the bindings that were on my rail board, drake 50's from about 2002, and they've lasted this long with no breaks or problems. And with the DTM being a steep upgrade of those old baseplate models I would expect the same from them if not more in the quality department.

That being said, if you can get last years Union cadet dlx at a good price definitely do it. Its a better binding than the DTM all the way around, from the baseplate to the straps to the ratchets. I ride the force on my park board and the 08 cadet dlx is pretty close to being the force just with a stage I baseplate instead of the stage II, and a lower end high back which is more flexible, sounds like what you're looking for. The straps are the same that they offer on the force (this years cadet dlx doesnt come with them for some reason and they are cheap as shit) they are anatomically designed and are extremely comfortable. I'll ride Union as long as they keep this strap design. Hope this helps.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote