New Boots, Problems? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Boots, Problems?

I just bought myself a delicious pair of Burton Hail's. I tried them on in the store and they felt amazing on my feet. When I got home I wore them around and they felt just as good, if not better than in the store. I decided to strap on my board and mess around a little. I was popping ollies for a while when all of a sudden my feet REALLY started to hurt. It was like a cramp from about the ball of my foot up. It also ran down the outside of both my feet. When I take my boots off for say 30 minutes and put them back on it feels fine. They feel amazing when I walk around but as soon as I start to mess around on my board for more than 10 minutes, my feet start to hurt like hell.

So my questions are: 1) Should I return the boot? Even though it feels comfortable when I walk around?
2)If I should return the boot, do most ski stores accept boot returns if you've never used them on the mountain?
3)Should I ride the boot for a couple of days and see how it feels on the mountain? And risk having to keep them if they don't feel good?

I would like to mention again that walking around, they are SUPER comfortable. I almost want to wear them to school. I really just want to know what I should do because these aren't exactly cheap.

Thx so much
Twigman503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
I just bought myself a delicious pair of Burton Hail's. I tried them on in the store and they felt amazing on my feet. When I got home I wore them around and they felt just as good, if not better than in the store. I decided to strap on my board and mess around a little. I was popping ollies for a while when all of a sudden my feet REALLY started to hurt. It was like a cramp from about the ball of my foot up. It also ran down the outside of both my feet. When I take my boots off for say 30 minutes and put them back on it feels fine. They feel amazing when I walk around but as soon as I start to mess around on my board for more than 10 minutes, my feet start to hurt like hell.

So my questions are: 1) Should I return the boot? Even though it feels comfortable when I walk around?
2)If I should return the boot, do most ski stores accept boot returns if you've never used them on the mountain?
3)Should I ride the boot for a couple of days and see how it feels on the mountain? And risk having to keep them if they don't feel good?

I would like to mention again that walking around, they are SUPER comfortable. I almost want to wear them to school. I really just want to know what I should do because these aren't exactly cheap.

Thx so much
K, so i think you should return them. boots are made for snowboarding, not walking. if you feel pain in your foot just from being strapped in and doing some ollies, thats a problem.. i say return the boots, buy a new pair, but this time, take your bindings with you. try on the boots with your bindings. see if they fit or not, find any pressure points, and walk around in the boots for like 10 minutes to find any pressure points again. The hails are nice looking boots, but imo, boots arent for looks but for comfort. you'll perform better with boots that fit your feet than boots that look good on your feet.
FoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its funny that you mention this because I just bought last years Burton Hails from the snowboard show and had the exact same problem.

They felt great at the store, and for the most part great when I was wearing them at home, just after a while they would make certain spots in my foot hurt. I ended up just changing the kind of sox I wear with them, as well as ajusting the way I tighten them. This now allows me to wear them pretty much all day long without any problems at all(already have actually).

Sorry if that sounds like an obvious fix but its something you may wanna try and see how it feels. Most snowboard shops should at the very least give you store credit, if not money back.

I bought a brand new snowbaord one year only to find out the next week that the shop I bought it from got a bigger size which would have suited me perfectly. The next day I brought in my board and exchanged it no questions asked.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its the lack of arch support pull the stock insole out of there and put in an aftermarket one. The one that it comes with is a fucking joke.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
BoardingBurnt

no need to return them, after all its comfort in the chalet while your getting your food that you need... lol jkz RETURN THEM asap
Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thats Burton for ya. Id say go with 32 or Rome
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ What and ride crap?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ What and ride crap?
I always love the opinions!
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
K, so i think you should return them. boots are made for snowboarding, not walking. if you feel pain in your foot just from being strapped in and doing some ollies, thats a problem.. i say return the boots, buy a new pair, but this time, take your bindings with you. try on the boots with your bindings. see if they fit or not, find any pressure points, and walk around in the boots for like 10 minutes to find any pressure points again. The hails are nice looking boots, but imo, boots arent for looks but for comfort. you'll perform better with boots that fit your feet than boots that look good on your feet.
Boot fit is NO JOKE! I made a dumb move last year buying boots that felt fine to stand in without trying them on with my board. At first I thought it was normal that after the 2nd and 3rd times riding them my feet would feel super stiff and sore. But by the 6th ride I had damaged and strained muscles in my feet and ankles so that it took two weeks of aggressive PT and chiro just to be able to walk normally in regular shoes.
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

spend the $ on footbeds my friend
i have insta-prints
i made them for every shoe i own!!!