real Newbie question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
tands05

Default real Newbie question

I am looking to go boarding for the first time in December. I am buying a used board from a buddy...It is an "Aggression" Main Line? It is in 150cm as that is supposedly the length I need. I am 5'8 160lbs. I like the idea of the k2 clip in binding as I am an avid bike rider and we of course use clip in pedals. My question is this (and once again, I apologize for the complete lack of knowledge regarding snowboards): Are all boards drilled the same for attaching bindings?

Thank you in advance for your response. I am a level 7 skiier and my father-in-law has picked up snowboarding and is calling me a pussy...I guess i better try it huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oleg

I know burton uses a 3 hole pattern and I believe everyone else uses the 4 hole. My brother has K2 clickers from a while ago and he likes them pretty good. They just sort of suck if there's a lot of powder covering them. But once in, no worries about the foot coming loose. I skied since I was 3 and switched to snowboarding like when I was 12 and it was a difficult transition for me but I stuck with it and love it way more then skis. I haven't skied in 9 years.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tands05 View Post
Thank you in advance for your response. I am a level 7 skiier and my father-in-law has picked up snowboarding and is calling me a pussy...I guess i better try it huh?

Show him this, then ask him to call you a pussy again.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
tands05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
I know burton uses a 3 hole pattern and I believe everyone else uses the 4 hole. My brother has K2 clickers from a while ago and he likes them pretty good. They just sort of suck if there's a lot of powder covering them. But once in, no worries about the foot coming loose. I skied since I was 3 and switched to snowboarding like when I was 12 and it was a difficult transition for me but I stuck with it and love it way more then skis. I haven't skied in 9 years.
So the I it appears to have parallel lines of 5 holes for each binding...Like I said I have no idea what the hell I am doing. And what about the Agression Main Line 149? Will this work for seeing if i like it?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
tands05

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post

Show him this, then ask him to call you a pussy again.
I think he went to boarding because he could not follow me down the Double D's with Knee High Pow. He is the Pussy...But boarding looks like something to atleast break up the monatony