real Newbie question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
tands05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default real Newbie question

I am looking to go boarding for the first time in December. I am buying a used board from a buddy...It is an "Aggression" Main Line? It is in 150cm as that is supposedly the length I need. I am 5'8 160lbs. I like the idea of the k2 clip in binding as I am an avid bike rider and we of course use clip in pedals. My question is this (and once again, I apologize for the complete lack of knowledge regarding snowboards): Are all boards drilled the same for attaching bindings?

Thank you in advance for your response. I am a level 7 skiier and my father-in-law has picked up snowboarding and is calling me a pussy...I guess i better try it huh?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oleg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know burton uses a 3 hole pattern and I believe everyone else uses the 4 hole. My brother has K2 clickers from a while ago and he likes them pretty good. They just sort of suck if there's a lot of powder covering them. But once in, no worries about the foot coming loose. I skied since I was 3 and switched to snowboarding like when I was 12 and it was a difficult transition for me but I stuck with it and love it way more then skis. I haven't skied in 9 years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tands05 View Post
Thank you in advance for your response. I am a level 7 skiier and my father-in-law has picked up snowboarding and is calling me a pussy...I guess i better try it huh?

Show him this, then ask him to call you a pussy again.
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
tands05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
I know burton uses a 3 hole pattern and I believe everyone else uses the 4 hole. My brother has K2 clickers from a while ago and he likes them pretty good. They just sort of suck if there's a lot of powder covering them. But once in, no worries about the foot coming loose. I skied since I was 3 and switched to snowboarding like when I was 12 and it was a difficult transition for me but I stuck with it and love it way more then skis. I haven't skied in 9 years.
So the I it appears to have parallel lines of 5 holes for each binding...Like I said I have no idea what the hell I am doing. And what about the Agression Main Line 149? Will this work for seeing if i like it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
tands05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post

Show him this, then ask him to call you a pussy again.
I think he went to boarding because he could not follow me down the Double D's with Knee High Pow. He is the Pussy...But boarding looks like something to atleast break up the monatony
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums