I'm done with Burton - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oleg

Default I'm done with Burton

Some how, my vapor broke in the center, and I ended up buying a Ride Fleetwood 161. I'm like 5'5" and weight 155 but love a huge board. I wear a 9 boot. I live in TN and ride in CO and WY for the most part. Some in Vermont too.

Do you guys think that I chose the right board, I've heard its a begginer board but I figured that doesn't mean too much. I love going about mach 3 and riding steep powder thats why I got a directional huge board. I'm never really in the park unless the snow sucks and I don't do spins just get some big air time to time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
username999

How and when did you break your vapor? Why did you buy a vapor?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Were you just riding along and it magically broke. I love how people hate on a company because one product broke when its probably user error.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i think the problem with the vapor plank, is coz it is kinda the 'flag ship' mutt's nuts board, the shop staff will take it out and thrash the fek out of it, just to see if its worth the price tag....

i have seen so many end of season sales with half price vapor's in there, which claim to be new, but have multiple binder marks on them.

Mr Avenger knows what i mean! he's the worst one for this...... free demo pikey!

but yeah, one board failing, out the millions which have been produced over the years is an accurate reflection of an entire brand's product range being bogus....

you know i reckon the whole country of canada is wanky coz one day at whistler.... the snow was a little bit slushy! tis true!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

We don't demo our sales product. It sits on the shelf till its sold and never touches snow.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oleg

i got the vapor because i just was in love with it when they first came out, vapor was my 4th burton and i figured i'd get a "top of the line" light board and didn't mind to pay 600 for it because i hold on to boards for a long time. It's alright really but not significantly lighter or better. I'm just sort of tired of burtons crap.

i'm not really sure when it broke but the only thing i can think of is when i dropped off a cliff and the nose dug in right after landing sending me into a series of cartwheels, its still rides fine and i only noticed it this summer but it has like a bubble looking break diagnoly in the middle of the board, going towards binding. i heard at this shop that only cheap burton boards and vapors are made in china while the rest are made in vermont? not saying that china sucks or whatever but you'd think the higher end boards would be made with the other higher end boards.

but the real question is, has anyone rode the fleetwood through some powder? Thanks for any replies
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

the official line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
We don't demo our sales product. It sits on the shelf till its sold and never touches snow.
the real world:

Quote:
on powder days we open late and close early coz we all be out rocking the stock! sold as seen people! buyer beware!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ Paolo you're on to us shhhhhhhh!!!

Burton boards are made all over. They outsource to Tunisia, China, Austria, Canada, US.

The Vapor can only be made in Burlington it should have a made in the USA printed on the top sheet somewhere. The problem with that board is its aluminum what happens when you over flex aluminum it stays bent.