User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 03:19 PM
JPro

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Unhappy Repair: Topcoat

The first season I got my board, a small bubble started developing in the top plastic coating along its toe side edge. It didn't affect performance, was fairly small, and appeared water tight, so I didn't worry about it. Since then, several more bubbles have appeared and some have grown in size to the point where I am growing concerned. As of yet, they still do not affect the performance and no water can get into them. However, the original bubble is getting large enough where I fear it may open up completely.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make minor repairs to the plastic top coating of a snowboard. My current plan is to seal it up with a little amount of epoxy.

I've attached two pictures of the problem. As you can see they are coming in the tail and nose of the board, along the edge. Because all of the bubbles are on the toe side edge I assume they are forming from holding that edge tighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boardcoat01.jpg (34.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg boardcoat02.jpg (37.0 KB, 11 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode