please help. What happened to my board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
delirium

Default please help. What happened to my board?

Oops sorry wrong board. i meant to post this in general.

Hi, new board member. Glad to be here.

So, over the Spring/Summer I stored my Burton T6 in an outdoor shed, standing it upright. I live in southern California so it does get over 100 degrees in the daytime, and im not sure how hot it gets in the shed.

I pulled my board out today and easily noticed some wavy vertical scratches on the top side of the board about 2-3 inches long on the front tip and around where the borad bends upward. There are about 10 scratches and some of them look like they branch off others.

My questions is, did something happen while it was in storage? Perhaps it got too hot in the shed and those are stress cracks? odd that they are not around the edges though.

I am hoping that those scratches were there from last season and i just dont remember them... usually i would expect scrathes to go horizonally across my board as people might accidently run over it in the lift line...

anyone have any ideas? Im concerned whether it is a safety issue or maybe nothing at all?
what do stress cracks look like? Where do they typically happen? and how should i be storing my board?

Thanks!

Last edited by delirium; 11-07-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: wrong forum