Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Antler vs. Rome Agent Rocker (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/83985-burton-antler-vs-rome-agent-rocker.html)

CKBoarding24 06-21-2013 11:52 PM

Burton Antler vs. Rome Agent Rocker

I am looking to buy a new snowboard, bindings, and boats for the 2013/2014 season. I am looking for an all-around board that is playful, but can put down speed and hold a carve when needed. I love riding powder, but also like buttering, hitting kickers, and enjoy the park. I have narrowed my choices to the Burton Antler and the Rome Agent Rocker. Anyone with experience with these boards could give insight that would be awesome. I am also open to other suggestions that people have. Also I live in Missouri and am unable to demo boards, so as much input as possible is welcome.

Wiredsport 06-22-2013 05:52 PM

Hi CK,

Both boards are very fun but they are also very different. The Agent Rocker has a Carbon hot rod in each tip and is a powerful board where the Antler is a self-proclaimed playful model that is notably softer feeling.

Your description includes a huge variety of riding (which is cool, we are all with you there) but carving, pow, butters, kickers, pretty much covers all riding other that big mountain and racing.

Bottom line is if you are looking for a core freestyle model with a lot of boost, the Agent Rocker is amazing. If you are looking for an easy going model with less power on demand the Antler is a great choice.

Are you set on Camber Rocker Camber? If not there are other choices in both lines that rip. Then, we can get specific. What is your weight and foot size?

CKBoarding24 06-22-2013 09:00 PM

Hi wiredsport,

I am 5'9", 150lbs. With a 9.5 shoe size. Yea i realized that i kind of hit everything after i posted it. I am definitely looking for a versatile board and not anything that is very specific like a pow only board or a jib only board. I don't have to have the (cam,rock,cam) profile. Definitely open to a pure camber of other hybrid versions. Don't think i am interested in a pure rocker as i feel they will be unfit for my riding style as i do get aggressive. One the other hand i don't feel i need a burton custom x or anything that extreme. I have been doing research on thegoodride.com and they seem to give real in depth reviews. Not sure the cred of this site, but they felt these boards were very similar and based on their reviews it seemed like these boards were kind of fitting what i was looking for. I would say the pow and the kickers are what i enjoy the most, not really looking to do any jibbing. And i also move at a pretty good pace.

Wiredsport 06-23-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKBoarding24 (Post 989969)
Hi wiredsport,

I am 5'9", 150lbs. With a 9.5 shoe size. Yea i realized that i kind of hit everything after i posted it. I am definitely looking for a versatile board and not anything that is very specific like a pow only board or a jib only board. I don't have to have the (cam,rock,cam) profile. Definitely open to a pure camber of other hybrid versions. Don't think i am interested in a pure rocker as i feel they will be unfit for my riding style as i do get aggressive. One the other hand i don't feel i need a burton custom x or anything that extreme. I have been doing research on thegoodride.com and they seem to give real in depth reviews. Not sure the cred of this site, but they felt these boards were very similar and based on their reviews it seemed like these boards were kind of fitting what i was looking for. I would say the pow and the kickers are what i enjoy the most, not really looking to do any jibbing. And i also move at a pretty good pace.

That post helped a lot. What you have written (aggressive, pow, kickers, less jibbing) lines up much better with the Agent Rocker. The 155 will be perfect for you. You are perfectly centered in its weight range (meaning they designed it around a rider of your weight) and it is ideal for your foot size.

To recap, these are both awesome boards but the Antler is significantly softer. You are going to have an amazing upcoming season on the Agent Rocker.

CKBoarding24 06-23-2013 11:21 AM

cool thanks! any recommendations for bindings for the Agent?

Wiredsport 06-23-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKBoarding24 (Post 990161)
cool thanks! any recommendations for bindings for the Agent?

Sticking with Rome, the Targa's are amazing.

koi 06-23-2013 01:52 PM

I just bought an Antler and I am pretty stoked on it. Before I bought mine I spoke with a few shops, and everyone was super positive about the board.

If you decide on the Antler I bought mine from windwardboardshop.com I got a blem board, and the only thing I could find off was maybe one of the smiley faces was a little off center. I saved around two bills less because a smiley face was off center (no problem with the tech, quality, or shape).

AntipodeanSam 06-23-2013 05:20 PM

Yeah I love the Antler, got it new for this season, only put a couple of days on it, wouldn't bill it as aggressive though so may not suit, have a review I stuck up on here recently which gives a bit more detail. Great fun board though.

M.C._Dub 06-29-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiredsport (Post 990177)
Sticking with Rome, the Targa's are amazing.

Best bindings I've ever owned. Once you get them set correctly