How long has your stick lasted ?? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Nitro Team 2011 - approx. 7 weeks and then I broke it landing front flip hard on tail
KrzysiekDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

2005 Salomon Burner 300+ days, retired last season for no other reason than boredom.
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

My stick has lasted my entire life, and despite being used regularly for decades, I am happy to report that it works as well now as when I first started using it.

Wait, did you mean snowboard?
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

god it would be nice to have a deck last anywhere near what you guys are posting. these capitas ride like champs but the fucking edges are made of porcelain. though this sleepy stevens refuses to let the edge blow. theres about 4 or 5 spots that should be totally blown. itz bcuz scott stevens iz so kool
Krato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

2006 158 Palmer Carbon Circle - I've ridden this deck since I bought it new and it's held up really well. Then again I live in the Midwest and only get out about a dozen times a year (plus annual vacation to Colorado/Utah/Tahoe) so it should hold up well.

2013 157 Lib Tech Travis Rice - Got a great deal on this at the end of last season and rode it a couple of times. I'm excited to try the hybrid camber/rocker profile and it seems like a great ride.

I was gonna wait for the 2014 Billy Goat since it's transitioning to the camber dominant C3 profile but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the T.Rice.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

1995 Kemper Freestyle - Lasted me 15 years at about 10 days a year. Of course there are no rocks on the hills in Ontarible, and I'm not a fat bastard so it never broke landing from a jump. I might use it for a vintage day one of these years...

2010 Burton T7 - I've got about 75 days on this board and it still rocks, but I've killed it to. Too many rocks to the edges and core.

2012 Virus - #$%^ about 20 days on it, landed HARD on a rock this spring and broke the board a bit. It's still ridable but we'll see for how long.

Damn rocky mountains chew boards... The edges are done long before the spring has sprung!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

'10 Never Summer Premier - bought this used in great condition in 2011 from a user here. No idea how much usage it saw before me. I've taken it out about 40 times and it's still in decent condition. The bottom is banged up from hitting a few rocks here and there and the edges are a bit janky in places. But, it still rides great.

'13 Lib Tech Hot Knife - bought this toward the end of the season this year. Got about 5 days on it before hanging it up for the season. Still in like new condition. Just some minor damage near the nose. No idea how it happened.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

08 forum lander probably about 10 days a year for 5 years and its still decent shape, prob get a new board for next year though.
Unkept Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Option trinity 2004, Option Starr 2005 are the oldest in the quiv, both still got a lot of life and are built like tanks.
damn i miss the old vancouver made option decks

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I can barely keep track of how many days I ride. How the hell can I keep up with what board I ride and when? Too much effort but none of my Smokin Decks have given out in a notably short amount of time...... I had an old flow deck and an old burton deck that I sold last season, they were in good shape still but I rode those like 6-7 years ago and never rode hard at all..... I am really surprised that I have not snapped any of my newer decks landing awkwardly on the tail or nose with all my 290 lbs of muscle.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote