Rome Reverb or Agent? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rome Reverb or Agent?

Anyone out there know is there much difference between the two boards or is it just tech (try to decide)? I have done some research and I hear good things about both these boards, they seem to have similar characteristics. My friend rides a cambered agent and its a few seasons old and he really likes it, I'm looking for a mid flex board, can anyone shine some light???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Reverb is fairly soft and more of a park board.

Last edited by firlefranz; 06-27-2013 at 08:19 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks firlefranz, have you tried/ridden either of these boards? I'm looking for a kinda freestyle-all mountain board, I mostly ride powder and park, but thinking of getting something that I can use for ground tricks and jibbing though this isn't my highest priority. I currently ride a machete it's a good all round board, kickers, straight jibbing, charging-good but a little sketchy due to 0 camber, do-able 5-0's, it's just a little stiffer than I had thought.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM

Hey Bonzo -

Good question. The Agent and Reverb are definitely in the same family of decks and have some similar characteristics.

The Agent has an almost twin shape which means it has a slightly longer nose than tail, but still rides like a twin on the contact points. This means the only time you'll notice a difference is when you are riding pow it'll be a little easier to keep your nose up. It's got some beefed up tech compared to the Reverb in terms of durability: extra thick edges, plus Pressure Pop tech for added power distribution and protection under the bindings to avoid core compression. It's also a tad stiffer than the Reverb.

The Reverb is a no-frills do-everything deck. It's a true mid flex, great for park, and cruising the whole hill. We also added a glass Hot Rod in the nose and tail for a bit more pop to your ollies and nollies.

You can't go wrong with either one - both standard camber and pretty bomb proof construction. It'll come down to your riding style and flex preference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the latest SDS updates follow Rome on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 AM

I ride a 2008/2009 rome graft, which I believe is the old reverb, and I love it. Kills the park and really good for jumps. I don't know anything about the agent though, so no help there. But Rome park boards are the shit, my 2 friends and I all rock em'; artifact rocker, artifact 1985, and graft.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys, I can get either of these boards in my size 154/155 in the rocker version, but finding it difficult to get them in +camber (would size up a little), any issues with edge hold charging with mountain pop??, camber is a bit more precise. I am really torn between these two boards, true twin or nearly twin won't make much difference to me as I have ridden near twin boards in the passed (custom etc) doesn't really affect switch riding on the types of deck. I am slightly leaning towards the agent, but pants at making these decisions.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 06:34 AM

If you want more of an all mountain board that does well in the park and pow go with the Agent. I've ridden a friends reverb rocker and found it being quite soft torsionally. It's a great do it all park board, but I wouldn't recommend it for charging groomers. Can't Speak for the cambered version, tho.

Last edited by firlefranz; 07-05-2013 at 09:22 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Yep think your right, I got the machette in order to try a different type of camber, don't get me wrong its a good solid fun board, jumps, straight rails and pow all good, I just don't love it, but it has served me well. Think I will go for the agent rocker as it might be the best of both worlds??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM

Yep, thinking about getting one, too. Heard nothing but good things about the Agent Rocker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode