T Rice 164.5 Now what.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default T Rice 164.5 Now what....

Hey guys,

So I caught up with the times last season and finally with with a hybrid camber board, the Lib Trice.

Pros: I really loved the forgiveness of this board. Switch riding was easier.

Cons: On flats if you weren't perfectly centered it tended to catch. No better in
the powder than my camber boards. Never had that "on rails" feeling when
on edge in med and big radius turns that I am used to on a camber board.

I am a big strong rider of 20 years this season. Mostly into freeriding and powder althoug workig on freestyle in the backcountry and park on days when I have taken my Geritol. I almost bought a NS raptor last year and am still considering it for the coming season. Also considered the Billy Goat last year.

Do you guys have any recomendations? Needs to be at least 164.
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've got a 2013 GNU Eco Genetics 162 that has the same C2 profile as that board. I generally find it has pretty much all the upsides of traditional camber and rocker, including being less inclined to catching edges. I only have a couple days on it but still...

Maybe not quite the same float as my full banana boards but hard to tell. Personally I really like C2 for resort riding where there's lots of natural features and hard carves to be had.

You could always try a Skunk Ape since they're good for us big dudes and seem to fit what you're looking for but it's also got the same C2 profile. The Billy Goat seems like a good choice for your needs from what I know too but I forget how long it gets.
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I bought the same board last summer and rode it all season...got the HP but doubt there's much difference. Same thoughts on it being catchy. Most reviews pretty clearly say that it doesn't like to go slowly. I don't know about you but mine took on more damage than any other board I've ever ridden. Several major core shots, totally bent rail/sidewall, looking at $150 in repairs just to get it back to riding condition. I really liked the board as an all-mountain ride but it just didn't seem to be able to stand up to the abuse I threw at it. I just picked up a NS Legacy 170 and looking forward to riding it next season. Obviously it's too big for an everyday board but if it holds up and rides well, I may get another one in a shorter length. May be worth giving a try.
XAAMOTTOMAAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah...I was disappointed by the edge catch at slower speed and not really any benefit in pow. I also think that the base was not as fast as my Solomon's in the past and I had to wax more frequently. Dampness on it was outstanding and did hold an edge on the ice but never got a great carve through the whole turn.

In the past I have tended to ride stiff directional free ride boards and wanted to switch it up (pun intended) but this may be an old dog new tricks scenario. Really considering trying to talk my local NS shop to pro form a raptor for me.

I've read the reviews of the 14 raptor...anyone else have any input?
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nein11 View Post
Needs to be at least 164.
And why is that?
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote