help get my lil sister riding - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default help get my lil sister riding

anyone who looks at this post thank you and everyone who helps me out thank you even more

Hi im trying to get my little sister riding this year she is 15 years old height is 5'3" she is 100lbs and wears a size 7 womens burton boot..I could have her use my last seasons ride kink, but it is a 152 and she barely gets into the weight class for the board.
So i looked around and i saw a ride ruckus 146 from last season for 50% off and i just wanted to know if this board is a good size for her will it ride good and give good all-mountain riding unlike the kink would

again thank you for the help..my sister thanks you all too
coldblood92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would find a womens specific board because they are designed with pressure points specifically located to help with a womens center of gravity.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Has she ever ridden before? Before you shell out you should find out if she likes it with a lesson and rentals. Maybe even search craigslist for a used set up, that way she won't bash up a brand new board in her first season. My sister thought for sure she'd dig snowboarding so her boyfriend gave her a board for Christmas. She gave it her best -- two or three times out -- and her board is still sitting in her closet three years later.
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
rtz

Yeah my little sister is determined to learn this year as well but I know how frustrated she'll get the first day so I'm making her rent and take lessons for a few days before she thinks about buying her own setup.