Burton Snowboards - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

That Antler is, IMO, the best looking board I have seen. I don't like the new graphic for 2014 and can't even find any of the 2013 models anymore. I know you don't buy a board for its graphics, but I am definitely not going to ride a board with a bunch of goth skull crap on it. Thanks for the input on the your experience with the antler. If you were to do it over again would you still get that board?
CKBoarding24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKBoarding24 View Post
That Antler is, IMO, the best looking board I have seen. I don't like the new graphic for 2014 and can't even find any of the 2013 models anymore. I know you don't buy a board for its graphics, but I am definitely not going to ride a board with a bunch of goth skull crap on it. Thanks for the input on the your experience with the antler. If you were to do it over again would you still get that board?
For sure, in good conditions this thing is fun as hell, has encouraged a whole new playful side to my riding. I think learning to ride this in tough conditions will only improve my riding and force me to exaggerate my technique as an intermediate rider tryin to progress to advanced. I do like having my stiff camber board in my quiver though for when I want speed or to push myself on the steeps.
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
For sure, in good conditions this thing is fun as hell, has encouraged a whole new playful side to my riding. I think learning to ride this in tough conditions will only improve my riding and force me to exaggerate my technique as an intermediate rider tryin to progress to advanced. I do like having my stiff camber board in my quiver though for when I want speed or to push myself on the steeps.
I really dig the Antler too, I think that it's an excellent board in a two board quiver where fun and flex are the priorities for the softer board and there is a complimentary cambered board for less ideal conditions.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I've ridden quite a few burton boards in camber and Flying V. If you want best edge hold in ice go camber. If you want fun playful and good handling in powder go Flying V. Custom is a good all round board in both formats, it's a matter of preference, or go two boards for different conditions, such as custom camber or custom X for hard charging and ice and Sherlock or custom Flying V or Antler for soft snow.
Hijacking this thread with a Flying V flex question since you have ridden flying v boards. Which order would you rate flex for the following Flying Vs:
- Nug
- Process
- Custom
- Sherlock
- Antler
I am looking for a new Burton board and I find the flying V tech nice. If I find powder I go there all day, but if not I like to play around jibbing, buttering and some carving if the groomer is nice and soft. If it's icy I stay home. If I visit the park it's only for the jumps and then the smaller ones (old and little afraid.
Which board should you recommend?
Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoldwin View Post
Hijacking this thread with a Flying V flex question since you have ridden flying v boards. Which order would you rate flex for the following Flying Vs:
- Nug
- Process
- Custom
- Sherlock
- Antler
I am looking for a new Burton board and I find the flying V tech nice. If I find powder I go there all day, but if not I like to play around jibbing, buttering and some carving if the groomer is nice and soft. If it's icy I stay home. If I visit the park it's only for the jumps and then the smaller ones (old and little afraid.
Which board should you recommend?
How much powder do you see, be honest.

If lots then Sherlock, which I own, or maybe Nug, some really like it for powder, and nug is small so lots of fun for butters and spins and so forth.

Antler is quite soft, great for butters etc, lightweight, lots of tech.

Custom is more all around, do everything, best Flying V on hardpack.

Process is a good choice if budget matters.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
How much powder do you see, be honest.

If lots then Sherlock, which I own, or maybe Nug, some really like it for powder, and nug is small so lots of fun for butters and spins and so forth.

Custom is more all around, do everything, best Flying V on hardpack.

Process is a good choice if budget matters.
For this year I will chase powder as much as I can but since I live in Sweden and it's been raining for the last weeks I am not that optimistic. Perhaps I can get 2-3 days. Closest bigger place is Trysil and they have some nice off piste areas there - if they get more snow.
For next year plenty I hope, since me and my friends will go to Japan for 10 days
Apart from powder I would like to try more buttering, spins and switch riding this year. Hopefully I get a board I can use for many years ahead - thus budget is a minor issue.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bur...-fv-154-a.html

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Apparently I need to ride an Antler cause that is not remotely the impression Burton gives not what it's tech or position in the line suggests.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wish Burton would come out with a profile closer to camber like the YES camrock. Im underwhelmed by Flying V.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Apparently I need to ride an Antler cause that is not remotely the impression Burton gives not what it's tech or position in the line suggests.
You should go for a spin. I own a Sherlock, and demo'd an antler, definitely softer, at least last year. Had a long conversation with an instructor on my local hill, his view was that his Antler was a very flexible board, matched my impression. So between my own demo and that conversation I say it's a pretty soft board.

It's a bit strange, all that carbon means a lot of potential for a light stiff board but it's a high tech board that's not oriented towards stiffness.