Newbie Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
kontesto

Default Newbie Question

I'm planning to get into snowboarding this year and my older brother gave me his K2 WWW. I didnt want to spend money on a new setup just yet so I took his. I know its not a freeride or all mountain board but what can I expect using it outside the park? Will I even notice a different as a newbie?

thanks a ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

honestly you wont, it will just be a little more flexible so youll spend a little more time digging your face out of the snow. all snowboards are meant to be ridden on snow, some are just especially accommodated for handling the stress of rails and jumps. The World Wide Weapon is one of them
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
kontesto

this is going to sound stupid but...when you say flexible...how does that affect the ride? coming from other sports...i would interpret flexible as more forgiving
Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the board will be softer.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Taking that board out of the park you'll notice that its soft and that you'll feel chatter at speeds. That board is retardedly soft and not a fun ride outside the park. The advantage to riding it will be if you can survive a season it when you get to a reall all mountain board you'll be a stronger rider.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
DVS TJ

Wolf is right on, it will be great as a board for a rookie snowboarder to start learning on because it will be a much more forgiving. With that being said, when you start to get comfortable at speed and enjoy cruising around the full mountain, you will want to look at something a little stiffer, but don't throw out the WWW, keep it for the park days when you want to start learning in there. I have ridden last years WWW a little bit, at speed, you definately feel it jump around a little bit and it can get a little wobbley, but at low speeds, it is a solid board.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Twix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesto View Post
this is going to sound stupid but...when you say flexible...how does that affect the ride? coming from other sports...i would interpret flexible as more forgiving
Like the teachers used to tell us: There's no such thing as a stupid question. This forum is a good place for beginners and experts alike to ask questions and gain knowledge. A smart rider is a safe rider.