Looking for boot recommendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thaddy

Default Looking for boot recommendations

Hello, I recently purchased a 159 Ride Havoc with some Ride Delta bindings. I'm looking to spend between $100 and $150 on some boots. I'll be doing all-mountain riding, with minimal trips to the terrain park and limited runs in powder (thanks western PA winters!). So far I've really only looked at Burton boots at a local shop, and tried on the Freestyle and Moto. Both fit pretty well, but I'm looking for more recommendations. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
DVS TJ

Look at 32 or Celsius boots. You can find last years for a fairly reasonable price. Both run the same exact size as your regular shoes.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fallen Saint

I ride with DC Allegiance and DC Judge for back up. Good boots. My REAL recommendation, no matter the brand, beg, borrow, plead, whatever you have to do to spring for them but get boots with the BOA system. It is SO much nicer, quicker and easier to deal with than traditional laces. EZ/quick laces are better but BOA is worth twice it's weight in gold.

*EDIT* Check out Snowboard Boots - Forum, Burton, ThirtyTwo, Northwave, Deeluxe, Salomon, Vans - a2zBoardShop.com to help find some good deals. I HIGHLY recommend Forum Snowboards | Obey Clothing | Flow Snowboard Bindings | DC and 32 Snowboard Boots | Gnu and Roxy | Volcom | Skate Shoes*|*boardparadise.com and Berg's Ski & Snowboard Shop also. I've dealt with both companies and had really good results/experiences.

Last edited by Fallen Saint; 11-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thaddy

Are boots with the BOA system reliable? I'm worried about the strength of the laces.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
DVS TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddy View Post
Are boots with the BOA system reliable? I'm worried about the strength of the laces.
I used to not think so, but one of my buddies rode all last year in the park with a Boa system and he took some nasty falls and they held up. I just cant bring myself to go away from laces.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thaddy

Well I ended up getting a pair of Vans Encore from a local shop. I'll wear them around the house a bit to make sure any issues don't develop, but I'm pleased with them so far. The Boa system really is great, I'm able to get both boots on and strapped into the board in the amount of time it took to lace up a single boot.