Renting Info - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Renting Info

Hey, does anybody know if the mountains that rent out snowboards to you for the day, rent them from a ski shop, or buy them from a ski shop? Also is there anyway you guys know of, that you can find where the ski shops that the mountains rent or buy from, are located?
Eric Durigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not sure where you are located but every mountain I've ever been to will rent snowbaord gear (board w/ bindings, boots & helmet). There should be ski/snowboard shops near the base of any mountain as well which will rent out gear. Check out the rental prices of the mountain vs those of the nearby shops to see who has the better deal. And of course if you decide to buy, the shops (on and off the mountain) typically carry everything you'll need including goggles, jackets/pants, gloves, socks, etc.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Generally the place that rents the stuff out, buys the stuff. Some places will have deals with manufacturers for bulk deals, others will buy whatever they need/want..

Where are you based, that would be a good starting point to find what you need... In terms of the search, try using "Google" it is your friend, and then when narrowed down come back and ask if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them...

While this is a forum with loads of helpful info, it is not a search engine for people that don't or can't be bothered to look for themselves...

2012/13 114 days
2013/14 102 days

Rides

K2 Jibpan 153, K2 Fastplant 154, Ride DH2 158, Endeavour Vice 155, Signal OG 155, Lamar Word 154
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

How the fuck did you find the internet, make an account and manage to even make this post?

holy fuck snacks

I'm gonna have to make a sticky "We will not help you pee, if you need help peeing, learn first and then you can come back here."

I realize you may be 12, in which case the answers are at your fingertips youngling (including peeing by yourself).

Last edited by snowklinger; 07-04-2013 at 01:46 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hahaha sk, probably someone just starting ro poke their big toe into this sport. Southern hemisphere? It does help of you say where you are located or where you are going to ride.

And yes most ski areas have rental shops. Pretty common actually. Some regions in the world might be harder to find what you are looking for. We do have representatives on this site from all four corners, so you should be able to find some decent advice. If you elaborate on your situation a little more.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
How the fuck did you find the internet, make an account and manage to even make this post?

holy fuck snacks

I'm gonna have to make a sticky "We will not help you pee, if you need help peeing, learn first and then you can come back here."

I realize you may be 12, in which case the answers are at your fingertips youngling (including peeing by yourself).
I'm sorry if i didn't clarify enough, and I do understand your frustration. I will admit, I am a newbie, I don't know a lot about snowboarding, and I do need help from professionals like yourself. I know that mountains rent out boards to the costumers, but I didn't know if they just went to a manufacturer like alibaba to buy in bulk or if they just went to the ski shops nearby. Sorry for any confusion, and next time I will make sure to word my questions better. Thanks to everybody for the replies
Eric Durigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Durigan View Post
I know that mountains rent out boards to the costumers, but I didn't know if they just went to a manufacturer like alibaba to buy in bulk or if they just went to the ski shops nearby.
Yes.

This for a camber rental:

For reverse camber:

Hybrid camber (but you'll have to take a friend along):

But seriously, welcome to the sport and the forum. I recall from another one of your posts you're in IL. Best thing to do is find a local snowboard shop in your area. If you plan on riding most of the season, a seasonal rental from a shop might be the way to go. As for where anyone (resorts or shops) gets rental gear from it's often large brands like Burton. Which is fine, but I recommend visiting a shop; you'll get more personalized gear and information. Resort rental shops are generally too busy to spend the time you may need whereas an independent shop could help you more. Since you're new to the sport I'll say one of the best things you can do is support a shop anyway.

Edit: A local shop will likely do day, weekend, etc rentals, not only seasonal.

Last edited by EatRideSleep; 07-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned!

i ain't mad atcha but....
Quote:
Also is there anyway you guys know of, that you can find where the ski shops that the mountains rent or buy from, are located?
seriously? Theres this local urban legend about this thing with the all kinds of easily found information...I think its called "teh interwebz" or some shit, but maybe a phone book is more your speed?

I would think you could "insert mountain name in google" and get the specific answers for what you are talking about.

It is honestly my goal to not rip people if the issue is language (non-english), because that is just ignorant and in poor taste. If that is the case I certainly apologize.

If not your question is worded confusingly and sounds like an easy answer if you would simply look up the information for the specific mountain you are looking at. Here in CO from my experience it is generally accepted that it is better to rent off the mountain as it is significantly cheaper (there are exceptions and if looking to rent higher end gear may not be as much of a concern as perhaps finding a specific brand/model that you want to ride). Most rental shops carry a fleet of generic shit boards that serve as most of their rentals, and then they also usually carry a smaller selection of higher end decks that you can rent at an increased price.

If I wanted to know what Loveland rents for example I would look it up on their website and then call them for specifics, but based on the original question, how the fuck can we help?

Don't worry I'm no pro (by a longshot), and I welcome the newb riders as long as they don't ski, skiblade or tele.

Wow I put way too much effort into this post helping you pee ahhahahahahahahaha......

Last edited by snowklinger; 07-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
It is honestly my goal to not rip people if the issue is language (non-english), because that is just ignorant and in poor taste. If that is the case I certainly apologize.
Ooh, snowklinger brings up a good point.

OP, it hadn't occurred to me you may not be aware that some people (snowboarders and skiers) will wear costumes on the hill. Hence my post. My intent was not to mock a (possible) language issue, just couldn't pass up the pun
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

http://youtu.be/Bp47hVM_JyM
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
information, rental, shops, ski gear, snowboards