Japan Board - Need Help to Narrow Down Choices - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Hart View Post
I'm also planning to hit Hakuba for the first time next Feb. I've been through all the posts on this board and I am super excited. When do you plan to book your hotel? I'm hesitating because I read everything needs a deposit and I haven't locked down exact dates. I'm worried that I might wait too long and miss the opportunity to get a good place to stay.

I actually picked up a NS Raptor (165) on sale at the end of season to make the trip over with me. It was between this and the Ultra Dream for me but I thought I'd get a lot more use out of the Raptor overall. Also, everybody here seems to really love the NS stuff so it seemed worth trying.

All I can do now is stare at the new board on the wall until the new season starts though. I'm trying to decide whether to put the Capos or IPOs on it (the other will go on my TRS). Leaning towards the Capos but I figure Ill get a good couple of months of riding each board before heading over.
I am going on my honeymoon in 3 weeks to the States and then as soon as I land I am booking Hakuba for Middle February.

The deposit side of things doesn't worry me, if I can't get time off work then it's such I shame I am "bed ridden for two weeks and I need to be in Japan to recover as they have a special doctor there that can cure my pains! "

I am looking at somewhere like Ridges Hotel (I am not a lodge kinda guy) so its that or a private apartment but I can give you some recommendations on some great places to stay depending on your budget.

I am taking my wife over (she has never been to the snow before) and a lodge certainly won't be her idea of comfort either.

Just don't leave it to late to book and you will be fine. The early bird stuff has just passed and I reckon most people won't go booking mad until it gets closer to the season.

I am kind of leaning towards the Turbo Dream now as I really only want one board - Not sure what people think or the Ultra is just a better all round board than the Turbo?

Bindings are going to be Company IPO's or Now's. But the NOW will have 3 models this season and the Drive is supposedly more freeride focused. Just waiting till they are officially released so I can get a bit more info on them.
Hogester79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement