User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
irepresent

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Is 5150 any good?

I haven't boarded in years, I sold my Ride after using in twice for beer money and wasn't able to get it out of pawn.

So my little brother wants to learn how and my mom said she'd buy me a new board for teaching him.

We went to a ski/board swap and showed up late. Slim pickins. The only two brands of boards that they had left that were new were 5150 and LTD. I am familiar with LTD but had never heard of 5150. I opted for the new brand after sizing the board up. Came with bindings of the same brand and cost $270 total. I look up the brand when I get home and it seems all their boards run for under $200, except the board that I grabbed which runs about $220. So I might have gotten taxed a little, it won't bother me if I know the board is decent. It's 5150 Shifter 154. Just want to get some opinions on what other riders think of these boards and the company since I've been out of the loop for a few years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
General rule: If you find a snowboard/bindings/boots at Sportchek/Sportmart/Sports Authority/etc, it's likely crap.

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode