After a new setup, would love your opinions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banno

Default After a new setup, would love your opinions...

Hey guys,

New round these parts. From Adelaide in Australia but heading over for the season in Whistler very shortly (cant freakin wait!)

Looking for a new all mountain/freestyle board and bindings to suit, wanna get into the park a bit more this season and will be itching to get into the back country while im there!

I'm 5'11", 190p, with US 11 boots. What do you guys recommend?
I was looking at perhaps the K2 Believer or Darkstar and some Autos maybe.... or maybe the Ride DH... But it looks like I'll be in the Salomon store on the mountain and will get some good deals through there... are there any Salomon boards this season that may suit? compared to the K2 and others as well?

Thanks for your help guys

Banno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banno

Pffffff..... Whats this garbage about not being able to get K2 stuff in Canada easily? There has got to be somewhere that stocks the stuff?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banno

Anyone...? You guys generally give such good advice!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i would look more at rome personally, thats what im doing for my next board at least...the rome agent seems to fit what your looking for, supposed to be a great board everywhere, although its truly a park board.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
DVS TJ

I would go Ride DH, but that's just cuz I have one and I am a believer in the fact that it can go anywhere. Never been up to Whistler but my DH made it through East Coast Ice and some late season West Coast Pow in Cali.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banno

Thanks for the heads up guys

From what I've been reading and talking to crew about the Believer is more of an all mountain board than the Agent and the DH. I know there's heaps of crew that flog their Agents as they love them and all but it sounds like the Believer may have a little more versitility, maybe not as good in the park but hey, thats not 100% what I'm about.
I did look at the Lib Tech SB, but seems a little soft in the tip/tail for all mountain stuff...

Is there anyone who has riden the lot and can maybe give a heads up as to which is the better all mountain?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you're looking at the SB for all-mountain, you should be looking at the TRS BTX.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banno

The TRS sounds good. But Ouch at the price jump....

Atill if it is truly worth it over the Believer then it could be a possibility.... Is it really worth the extra $100 ($200 Aussie)? I mean if its gonna kill powder to park then for sure.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
BoardingBurnt

Rome Agent with the Targas or 390s depending on how much park you really wanna do
Old 11-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banno

I just found a pretty sweet (or so it seems) deal on a Lib TRS so I think I might jump on it and get it shipped ready for open day. Thanks for the help guys. Much love

What do ya'll reckon about bindings for the TRS? Rome 390's seem to be the flavour of the month (good reason why?) but I like the look of the K2 Auto's as well...