Snowboard all year long - Freebord - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboard all year long - Freebord

I know this should probably go in another area but I wanted to get as many people to see it as possible.I know everyone who snowboards has that itch all summer long, or can't buy a lift ticket or get to the resort. Now every road youve every seen is a snowboard run. This board works just like a snowboard and can move in any direction. The carving ability, sliding motion, freedom and self expression of this board is just like a snowboard. Check out these videos:

Ride Explained:
YouTube - Freebord Ride Explained

Highlight Reel
YouTube - Freebord 90 sec highlight reel

Freebord team 2007
YouTube - Freebord Team Submissions Mid 2007
montewrxmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love the idea, i dont like the implications

Sorry but i dont need to be worrying about a bunch of teenagers flying down the hill near my car...many times the first video shows people swerving in and out of traffic lanes and only barely missing several cars.

If this ever got big it would most definitely be outlawed, assuming it isn't already by some existing laws...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I love the idea, i dont like the implications

Sorry but i dont need to be worrying about a bunch of teenagers flying down the hill near my car...many times the first video shows people swerving in and out of traffic lanes and only barely missing several cars.

If this ever got big it would most definitely be outlawed, assuming it isn't already by some existing laws...
A lawyer who looked into that has explained it should technically be classified the same way a bike is because it has the ability to propel, brake, and turn. Either way the best place to ride them is in neighborhoods which have little traffic and are private streets. Their like our own private slopes The amount of control you have on the board is insane, just like your snowboard. It may seem like people riding are out of control but nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banno

I dont know about the US but in Australia if the road is signed at less than 60kmh and there are no white markings on the road then it is legal to ride a skateboard on the road. Thats how the downhill luge guys get away with it

I reckon its a wicked device, when I get back from this season I'll be picking one up for fitness and fun in the off season
Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chimichanga

with all that speed, couldnt there be a bearing blowout like on a street luge?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
iggnew

Looks fun, but if your wheel/trucks hit one little pebble your fvcked. Pavement doesn't give like snow.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montewrxmjm View Post
because it has the ability to propel, brake, and turn.
it really doesnt have the ability to propel i wouldnt say...you cant push it, it can only gather speed from going downhill..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
BadMojo

if u catch an edge ur totally fucked. snow can seem hard wen u fall on it, but pavement actually IS hard.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
it really doesnt have the ability to propel i wouldnt say...you cant push it, it can only gather speed from going downhill..
You can push it just fine. Not as well as a longboard but equally as well as a skateboard it just takes some getting used to.

Pebbles, rocks and small cracks don't really effect it, its very stable over small stuff like that.

Yes you can catch the edge but if your really worried you can wear pads. That being said it's not for the faint at heart, it's for people who love snowboarding so much their willing to do it on pavement. once you get used to it youll barely ever fall, do you fall on your snowboard? Barely ever right? Only if you trying to push yourself, you would never really fall just crusin.

People ride longboards all the time at high speed which I think is even crazier than riding a freebord becuase they can't slow down or stop really. A freebord has so much control youll feel as in control as you do while riding you snowboard. Heres more videos for those who are interested

Dailymotion - Warning (BSV.08), a video from noanx. freebord, bsv, freeboard, snowboard, warning

Dailymotion - Blackground, a video from HowleyFilms. Freebord, freeboard, snowboard, skateboard, bsv
Old 11-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
iggnew

You've periodically spammed this forum with your product and every time people are skeptical. Maybe it's time to spam some other forum.