Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   pritty sure my boots are to big. how big is to big? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/8538-pritty-sure-my-boots-big-how.html)

oliisfullysick 11-12-2008 05:57 AM

pritty sure my boots are to big. how big is to big?

i live in aus and there arnt many snow gear shops, but i bought snowboard boots at the begining of the year, some company that travels around the country saling cheap gear, anyways i tried the boots on and they seemed to fit fine and the salesman, was sure they were aswell.

there a jap size 28, which only till now i realized is a 10us, and according to my foot measurment should b an 8. when i tryed on the boots i never realized how far back my heel needed to be, and after slaming it into the boot i have a good cm at least from my toes to the front.

im just wondering should i just go get some new boots straight up or try with these? im going to whistler in two weeks, but am guna b in vancouver for 5days beforehand, and dont know if i should try these out and if theyre no good, buy new boots in whistler $$$$ or just buy new ones before i try these, in vancouver,?

im guna b there for the season and am a novice

any help would b awsome aye
no idea about these things
cheers

Banno 11-12-2008 06:03 AM

If your gonna be there for the season then there is no shame in forking out a few bucks to be comfortable for the season. 5 months is a long time to spend in cheap boots that hurt your feet and wont support you (this is assuming they are some cheapo brand)

I'd be keen to have a good look through Van and see if you can try a few more on and get some good advice rather than that of a travelling salesman....

In saying that whistler is gonna be epic this year. i can feel it. i hope.....

PaoloSmythe 11-12-2008 06:11 AM

couver ain't much cheaper than whistler from my experience. and there is a better use of your tourist time than trawling around shops in a big city IMO.

but your boots are defo too big; i am mondo size 28 and if you are meant to be a seppo 8... i reckon you should rent some once you get to the hill rather than fork out big bucks.

and next time, don't buy junk from the back of a lorry! :D

PaoloSmythe 11-12-2008 06:15 AM

oops.... i thought i read you were going to whist FOR 2 weeks, not IN 2 weeks.

a sesason might be a pricey rental period! :rolleyes:

mind you, i also read your first post as starting: 'i live in anus'....:laugh:

quitting caffeine is a bitch for my attentive skills!

oliisfullysick 11-12-2008 06:57 AM

yeah, i do get a bit of heal lift when strapped in, ill prob just try flog these off, and grab some more over there.

wasnt quite of the back of a lorry, they set up in a hotel function room, ha, meh i didnt pay to much and guess its a lesson learned.

the only thing im worried about is when i get smaller boots my large flows may b 2 small.

Banno 11-12-2008 07:02 AM

Then flog them off as well :) I'm sure it wont be hard to off-load gear to staff up the mountain. We'll all be lookin for cheap gear.

PaoloSmythe 11-12-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliisfullysick (Post 79588)
the only thing im worried about is when i get smaller boots my large flows may b 2 small.

boots from a travelling sales man and now the owner of Flow binders too?

life sucks for some!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i am heartened by the fact that no matter how bad life seems to get, there is always someone out there worse off!:D