Ride Concept TMS or Yukon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Concept TMS or Yukon

Florida based rider looking for some info. I get out west about 3 trips a year(15-20 days or riding total). I currently have a Timeless 159, going on 7 years old, its time for something new. Not many dealers here in FL where you can go look at a variety of good Snowboard equipment. I dont ride nearly as much as you guys that live out there, but I like having my own equipment that I am familar with.

I am 6'2" and weigh 190. Size 11 Boot. (Ride Crew BOA <--- Picked em up after the season last year, needed new ones, going to keep these) I know the 159 is probably a little on the smallish side, but I got it for a great deal way back when. I would consider myself intermediate to maybe slightly advanced. I am interested in an all mountain board. I ride mostly freeride terrain, but will spend a couple days or afternoons in the park each trip.

I dont keep up with Snowboard equipment like I do wakeboard stuff, but as I understand it the Concept TMS replaced the Timeless with a few upgrades thrown in?? I was going to go with either the SPi or NRc Bindings from Ride.

Would the Concept TMS 161 or 164 with SPi or NRc's be a decent setup?? Would I need to step up to the wider Yukon to prevent toe drag with the size 11 Boots?? Looking for feedback or possibly someone who has riden any of this stuff, like I said no where local here to check it out. Coming from a wakeboard background, I like a board that is responsive, will I lose any of that going to the Yukon??

Also..... anyone else wanna throw out some other combos or setups based on the info I have given, feel free. By no means do I have to have to Ride stuff, its just the only thing I have had.

Thanks in advance for any help

Garrett in FL
FLBOARD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I loved both my Yukon and my Decade but am now riding a Rome Flag which the wider version of the Rome Anthem which are the other boards I'd suggest you look at for what you are into. My set up prior to going with the Flag was a Decade with SPi's and I loved the responsiveness... I had a Yukon prior to the Decade.

I would say this... measure the width of your current Timeless and double check that with the current boards width. If you don't have any overhang now with size 11's on that board with those boots than you should be fine with the Concept TMS or the Anthem. If you do then go for the Yukon or the Flag.

with size 11 boots you are always going to be just on the cusp of needing a wide board. I wear size 11's so there's no debate there.

FYI I have a pair of SPi's from 2 seasons ago in XL that are Black with a bandana print that I'd consider selling if you're interested. They are used but not defintely not abused and I have new power discs for them also. They got too stiff for me with the stiff board and me getting older and having bad knees and back from playing hockey.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am also considering the Never Summer Legacy and SL decks in 161 size....... Thanks for the quick response
Old 11-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Underworld

I'm the same stats as you and am considering the same boards. I'd like to find more about the legacy.
I'll see what gets recommended for you
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am leaning toward the Never Summer SL-R if it will work with my size 11 Boots, otherwise, its the Legacy....... Lets see what responses we get
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBOARD13 View Post
I currently have a Timeless 159, going on 7 years old, its time for something new.

I am 6'2" and weigh 190. Size 11 Boot.
I'm the same stats except my boot is a 10.5

I had an 04/05 Timeless and now I'm on an 06/07 164 Timeless (the last one before the change to the Concept)

I demo'd the Concept and had absolutely no problem with overhang....loads of room. I can't imagine the extra 1/2 size boot would cause any problems on the regular width Concept. I found the Concept to be pretty much like the Timeless, just a little lighter. Same flex points, good edge hold on ice, great dampening. Didn't get to really push it around as conditions were less than ideal (east coast ice with no new snow)

I ended up getting the previous year's model from Buysnow.com, who are somewhere in Georgia...maybe close enough for a trip?
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote