SNowboard for glades and Park - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SNowboard for glades and Park

I love riding glades. Always taking the harder path. Through, under, between tightly spaced trees. And I also like the park. I like boxes, rails, and jumps but Im not good. I can only 50/50 on boxes and rails, and i do small jumps but I want to get a lot better, Im looking for a board and I found these:
Never summer proto ct
Proto CT/Proto CTX | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV
Rome Mod rocker
Rome Mod Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2013

Do you guys recommend any other? 180 lbs 6ft. My level of snowboarding is at Mammoth Mountain I can do green blue easy black pretty good . Double black no.
Im struggling between an easy park board I can learn tricks on (flexible/ full rocker) or a board that's good in powder in glades and stiffer more stable for carving.
snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
I love riding glades. Always taking the harder path. Through, under, between tightly spaced trees. And I also like the park. I like boxes, rails, and jumps but Im not good. I can only 50/50 on boxes and rails, and i do small jumps but I want to get a lot better, Im looking for a board and I found these:
Never summer proto ct
Proto CT/Proto CTX | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV
Rome Mod rocker
Rome Mod Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2013

Do you guys recommend any other? 180 lbs 6ft. My level of snowboarding is at Mammoth Mountain I can do green blue easy black pretty good . Double black no.
Im struggling between an easy park board I can learn tricks on (flexible/ full rocker) or a board that's good in powder in glades and stiffer more stable for carving.
Proto is overpriced and overhyped. I can name like 8 boards that are cheaper or similarly priced that ride better. Mod is a rad board, but its a man's park deck. Big jumps and Slopestyle.

Look into the 2014 K2 HappyHour, Flow Era, Yes Basic, Salomon Time Machine, or Rossi Trickstick.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

i want to stick with never summer or rome as i feel they are the best brands right now. what do you think about the reverb rocker?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's a big mistake my friend. I feel that Never Summer as a brand is completely overpriced. Not knocking their board cause there nice but not worth my cash.

The proto is cool but i think a tad stiff for you, along with being WAY overpriced. Tight trees and park merit a softer board IMO. I agree with Nivek on the board choices although i will emphasize the k2 happyhour. The board was magical for me.
Gnarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
i want to stick with never summer or rome as i feel they are the best brands right now. what do you think about the reverb rocker?
What gives you that feeling? Have you ridden anything else?

Also, buy my things?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
What gives you that feeling? Have you ridden anything else?
i have a burton blunt. So I now what it feels like but I don't have a reference to anything else. Ive been doing a lot of research and I like the way Rome discloses all its information in a clear way. Go to their website and they have a great board finder. And under tech they disclose all their info like lamination, cores, etc.
Other websites are hard to find anything. Libtech they only tell you the type of camber.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Protip: Listen to Nivek when he offers advice.

Also, if you can't tell by my avatar I ride NS, but that'll be changing with my next board. Good boards, yeah.. but you can get equally as good and better for cheaper. I also recommend the happy hour.

Last edited by areveruz; 07-20-2013 at 12:51 AM.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areveruz View Post
Protip: Listen to Nivek when he offers advice.

Also, if you can't tell by my avatar I ride NS, but that'll be changing with my next board. Good boards, yeah.. but you can get equally as good and better for cheaper. I also recommend the happy hour.
um yeah i see your avatar but it looks like NS is in crosshairs?! so idk how much you actually like NS.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Mod Rocker has more snap, is livelier, better sidecut, and can destroy tree riding if you actually know how to ride trees. Proto you can ride over trees, run into trees, cut a tree down and ride it as a snowboard and it would be the same as a proto.

Reverb rocker is a mid level board with a lot of play in it which makes it fun in the trees and forgiving.

You're looking for an all mountain freestyle board. Possibly the biggest and most diverse group in snowboarding don't pigeon hole yourself to 2 brands.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
i have a burton blunt. So I now what it feels like but I don't have a reference to anything else. Ive been doing a lot of research and I like the way Rome discloses all its information in a clear way. Go to their website and they have a great board finder. And under tech they disclose all their info like lamination, cores, etc.
Other websites are hard to find anything. Libtech they only tell you the type of camber.
That's kinda what I figured. Rome is not a bad brand hy any means. Solid fun boards. But so are K2's, YES's, Flows, and a bunch of other brands. Just cause brand A has a clearer website than brand B doesn't mean brand A makes better boards.

Researching brands will more often than not just show you biases. Come here, get recommended some boards, research the specific models, then make a decision. They'll all slide sideways regardless of the logo.

Also, buy my things?