Should I buy bindings online? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
ekrina

Default Should I buy bindings online?

So I just ordered a new board online...next step bindings!
I have yet to decide (but I'm looking at the K2 Virtue, Rome Madison, or Burton Lexa's; if anyone has any input) but question is, I dunno where I should buy them!
I heard its good to go in the shop and try them on with your boots to make sure they fit and everything works out well, however, online I can find much better deals, especially with last season's things.
I don't want to go in a shop and waste their time and then just order online...unless people do that?
Plus, they may not have the exact bindings.

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Definitely go to a boardshop and see what everything looks like and feels like in real life. Then, if you can find it online for cheaper, get it online. Heck, the bindings I want are cheaper in the shop than they are on dogfunk.com. You never know where you'll see your deal.
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
While I like to support my local shop as much as possible to help my local economy, sometimes online is better for price and availability. From a technical standpoint, buying a binding or board online is just fine if you know what you want. If you are unsure, then go find a shop to look at them. Just don`t waste the shop tech`s time too much if you have no intention of buying from the shop. it is okay to go in and look at the bindings to check them out, but it is goche to get a shop tech to spend a bunch of time helping you out, then turn around and buy inline. That said, sizing is not the issue it once was. If your boot size is about a woman`s 7 or smaller, a S/M binding is ideal. Anything larger and a L/XL will work. The bindings are very adjustable and sizing overlaps. For an all around does everything well binding, The Madisons are top notch!
i agree completely. i dont even ask for help if i know im not going to buy from em. i suggest research alot before, so you know your stuff, then go in and narrow down what you want when you see it in person.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
ekrina

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll go ahead and do that!