Advice on Evil Twin. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
HappyKillmore

Default Advice on Evil Twin.

Alright so I wanted to buy a board for park this year and I got a great deal on a Evil Twin 155. But now I am starting to to second guess myself like I always do after a big purchase.

I sat it down next to my Ride Profile 156, my go fast board, and almost everything about the ET is bigger; waist width, nose tail width and lift, and its just as heavy if not heavier on top of that. I know this is a crude comparison, but it makes me wonder. So now I'm worried that even though it is a softer board and is twin tip, it still isn't going to be what I'm looking for.

I want to ride this board in the park mostly and that for me is rails and jumps no bigger than 25 feet. I sure I will ride outside of the park too, but I want it to be able to butter it and all that without having to manhandle the thing. I am just short of 5'9" and weigh in between 155-160 lbs. I guess one thing that helps me is I'm athletic and have stronger legs to help work the board.

So now to my real question.
1.) Should I keep the thing and not worry.
2.) Sell it to get the 151 ET, or is this going to be to small for my size and what I want to use it for. If somebody had experience with these boards and could chime in that would be great.
3.) If 151 is too small sell it and get something else.

Sorry if this was a long and messy read, but I wanted to get all the info out on the table. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
flayray

I just bought a fun kink and I'm anxious to test it out at my local hill when it opens. I think you should look into a shorter board for freestyle. My all-mountain freestyle board is a 153, while my fun kink is a 149. A shorter board will help cut down on your swing weight in spins, and you'll manuever around better, not to mention the TBT will keep your edges from catching while buttering. I think you should definitely consider going for a board that's shorter.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

It'll be fine, at that weight the 155 is looking on the freestyle length of things, at your weight I'd want to be pushing the length of my go faster board up to around a 160ish. I weigh about 10lbs more than you do and I have the Riot, just the ET but jacked up stiffness etc, and I'm riding the 159. Realistically the weight won't make much difference, its easy to pick apart differences in weight with your hands but when its strapped to your legs it becomes a whole different story. The stance width is plenty wide enough so you really won't have an issue with swing weight or whatever.

Plus as I'm sure you know it has the whole TBT base on it which will aid you in your buttery rail side of things anyway.

There's this horrible habit of riding too short, keep your 155 in my opinion as your gonna have a much better time on the rest of the mountain when you do ride outside of the park.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
siberianmist

if i were you id get the 151. im 6ft 180 lbs and i ride a 152 in the park...
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i would also go shorter..evol makes sick boards though from what i hear
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote