Flows or K2's? Freeride Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which Bindings Should i get
K2 Auto 1 8.33%
K2 Cinch CTX 5 41.67%
Flow NXT FRX 4 33.33%
Other 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Turbodog

Default Flows or K2's? Freeride Bindings

Ok so i am a snowboarder converted from skiing and still hand with the ski crowd, so i prefer the hybrid bindings so i don't slow down my ski friends. I have been boarding for about the last 6 years, started with step ins, moved to a pair of burton missions, and currently rock a set of Flow Pro 11's that i love, but are wearing out. Im in the market for some new binders. Now without anyone saying "Flow's are Gay!" or "Cinche's suck" and have no experience with them, i am looking for peoples opinions on on 3 bindings. The K2 Cinch CXT 09, The K2 Auto 09, or the Flow NXT FRX. These are high end binders and i am looking for info regarding these models, not some bottom of the line Flows, or Cinches. I am looking for some good bindings to fit my freeride style. I am currently rolling on a Ride Fleetwood 162, but am looking upgrading to either a K2 Turbo Dream, or Lib Tech TRS BTX at the end of the season.

Thanks

Turbodog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
sparelink

I have the K2 Cinch and i love them, some people say that they break but i have put them through hell in the last year and have had no problem. i think they have more cotrol then the Flow's and they are adjustable without tools on the slopes do you can tighten or loosen if needed
Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
F0rgiven

I'd have to say the Cinch. Ease of entry and you still can tighten your ankle and toe strap any way you like.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Turbodog

sweet, now all i have to do is drop some hints around the house so my girlfriend will buy them for me for christmas
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have the Flows, the wife does as well, and we both like them. i'm usually gaining speed down the mountain while I'm snapping the back.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want quick entry nix the auto its not that. The cinch is cheap compared to the flow mid to higher end line. Go with the flows just spend the time to dial them 100%
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Turbodog

i guess my big grpie with the flows i have now is if i am out in the backcountry i have to sit on my knees to get the board on, instead of my arse, and its just akward. anybody have an idea on weights between high end cinch v flow. I heard they used to be heavy as hell, but that was when they first started comming out, and flows were considered heavy then too