Just bought a BTX board....question about landing jumps? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
bonnie

Default Just bought a BTX board....question about landing jumps?

Hi Everyone. I bought a GNU B-Street BTX board today (women's board). I'm an intermediate rider getting more and more into park/freestyle.

Just wondering...how is this thing for landing jumps? I've not rode a BTX board before, but in my mind, it seems like the rocker would make it tougher to cleanly land jumps. It seems like I might slip out or something... I started to get pretty decent at jumps and boxes last season (um, for a girl, anyway..), and I don't want to regress this season on the new board.

Anyone have any advice about learning frestyle on these? Will I slip out on my landings? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

your thinking too much into the "reverse camber" phrase. the board is flat between the bindings. youl be fine.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
bonnie

I didn't know it was flat between the bindings...thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
snowgypsy

I have the gnu b-pro btx... I've only ridin it once out at hood a few weeks ago, and it was pretty sweet, for what we had to ride with... I could ollie over rocks and land with ease... nose and tail pressin is like cheating with this board... 50/50 a few railroad ties... (our make shift boxes) we didn't have a whole lot of snow so its hard to tell the full potential for me, but all in all I love my btx!! I can't wait till the season starts to know whats really up... but I do feel like I'm sorta cheating, like I'm not working as hard... but whatever, I love it!!

Just my personal experience with only 5 hours of riding time on it, and alot of that time we were hiking... but I really think you will love it!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
bonnie

Awesome, thanks so much for your input. Good to know it shouldn't mess up my landings too much. I'm really looking forward to testing it out and am hoping it'll help me improve in the park. Might be a few more weeks until I see snow, though.

Last edited by bonnie; 11-15-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Changed "should" to "shouldn't"
Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
snowgypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
I didn't know it was flat between the bindings...thanks.
yeah, look at your old board, and your new one... you will see alot of differences... reverse camber just means its flat... and if you look at the shape of the edges you will see the difference with the magnetraction... magnetraction is just gonna keep you connected with the snow, give you more edge control...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowgypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
Awesome, thanks so much for your input. Good to know it should mess up my landings too much. I'm really looking forward to testing it out and am hoping it'll help me improve in the park. Might be a few more weeks until I see snow, though.
No problem!! not too much longer now!! in two weeks I will be able to drive 5 hours to ride... then a week or two after that my mountain should open... ahhhh the count down... its torture!!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgypsy View Post
yeah, look at your old board, and your new one... you will see alot of differences... reverse camber just means its flat... and if you look at the shape of the edges you will see the difference with the magnetraction... magnetraction is just gonna keep you connected with the snow, give you more edge control...
Cool. Hopefully I'll get the board delivered here within the next few weeks and I'll compare them then. Thanks again for the input! Really appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
donnaho423

Default how do you like the gnu-pro btx?

Quote:
I have the gnu b-pro btx... I've only ridin it once out at hood a few weeks ago, and it was pretty sweet, for what we had to ride with... I could ollie over rocks and land with ease... nose and tail pressin is like cheating with this board... 50/50 a few railroad ties... (our make shift boxes) we didn't have a whole lot of snow so its hard to tell the full potential for me, but all in all I love my btx!! I can't wait till the season starts to know whats really up... but I do feel like I'm sorta cheating, like I'm not working as hard... but whatever, I love it!!

Just my personal experience with only 5 hours of riding time on it, and alot of that time we were hiking... but I really think you will love it!!!
reply: Hey i was thinking of getting the 2010 gnu b-pro series boards but having a few issues. First off having trouble actually finding an available one in 145/146cm but also not sure which board would be better or if there are huge differences. The newest one they have is the B-PRO C2 BTX with the reverse camber tech (very hard to find it seems like, sold out everywhere)and then they have the board you have which is the b-pro btx and then the next one is the b-street btx. I have the k2 mix board now and wanted to try out a btx technology board as I have heard so many amazing things about it. My question is if you know anything about the C2 BTX board if it's worth getting as it retails about $550 or should i just get the board you have? And if it's a big difference from the b-street btx board as i liek the b-street graphics a bit more.

I appreciate any reponses! thank you!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
wow, old post but this is completely false. BTX is not flat between the bindings at all, the reverse camber is in the middle of the board for LIB/GNU
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote