im officially crazy i feel like. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default im officially crazy i feel like.

well apart from it being 5:23 am and me not being tired i still feel like im going crazy. am i actually about to buy flows over burton triads tomm?i need someone to sway me far to whatever side they want. i just want to hear it all. i found the binders for nearly the same price, and ive been eying the triads forever and within the last 2 weeks i decided i may want the flow nxt fs'. everyone i know that uses knew flows loves em, i strapped em into my boot today and they went in perfect. my buddy who works at the shop has cartels triads and flows and his favorite are the flows unless hes out west...ive always been a flows sucks guy because i hatttted the old ones, clunky heavy impossible to fit garbage...

so my thinking into this decision is that:
1) they are lighter then the triads
2) they are easier
3) its not like the flows are gunna hold me back really, im not going pro or anything here, i just wanna ride..

so am i crazy or not?
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
kyouness

triads are basically cartels with better cushioned straps and a lighter highback. they have slightly more flex as well, i believe. i have them and i love them just because they're so damn comfortable and i could wear them all day without any pressure points. triads aren't really popular with people here, i believe, for some reason or another.

i have no experience with flows except for the fact that my friend rides and swears by them. i was thinking of going with flows but the reviews about them are so mixed that i just went with the triads. if not the triads, then rome 390's most definitely.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouness View Post
triads are basically cartels with better cushioned straps and a lighter highback. they have slightly more flex as well, i believe. i have them and i love them just because they're so damn comfortable and i could wear them all day without any pressure points. triads aren't really popular with people here, i believe, for some reason or another.

i have no experience with flows except for the fact that my friend rides and swears by them. i was thinking of going with flows but the reviews about them are so mixed that i just went with the triads. if not the triads, then rome 390's most definitely.
i hear ya, the reviews on flows are weird, its either big love or big hate, so im gunna give it a go..i bought flow nxt fs' for 120, shipping from cali..
Old 11-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have known people with triads and the plastic in the highback broke all the time. I personally like rome.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i swear to god, i broke two different spinny things in burtons new skybacks, the get like stuck or something then the plastic strips...pretty sweet highback, with a pretty dumb lifter...cartels are the same way..

another thinking was that for backyard jibbing the flows would be nice when im getting in and out for real quick and frequent flat boxes and stuff..especially when i gotta keep unstrapping both binders, run up stairs, strap in, ride the rail, go down, unstrap, run up, strap in...you get the point lol..
Old 11-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've never ridden either of those, but my friend had a bad experience with flows where the baseplate just cracked in half while he was trying to snap himself in. This was just days after he bought them too.
SFshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

The flows are like all bindings out there. If you buy bottom of the barrel cheap binding you get bottom of the barrel crap. I've personally always ridden strap in binings but this year I got a good deal on some NXTs and I'm gonna give them a try.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe you should just convert all your skier friends to snowboarders, then you can wait for them.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFshredder View Post
I've never ridden either of those, but my friend had a bad experience with flows where the baseplate just cracked in half while he was trying to snap himself in. This was just days after he bought them too.
alumin baseplate in mine i doubt thats gunna crack, you were probably talking about the older ones that everyone in the world hates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepfd View Post
The flows are like all bindings out there. If you buy bottom of the barrel cheap binding you get bottom of the barrel crap. I've personally always ridden strap in binings but this year I got a good deal on some NXTs and I'm gonna give them a try.
me as well, i spent 120 on em, im thinkin i could prob make my money back decently close if i dont like em. first big snow of the year in the detroit area and i dont have my binders yet :/

Last edited by jmacphee9; 11-17-2008 at 12:34 AM.