Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Joystick vs Parkitect (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/86905-joystick-vs-parkitect.html)

Krazy 08-05-2013 04:42 AM

Joystick vs Parkitect

Yo,
This will be my first stick.I was using some rental junk till now.I rode a Rossi Accelarator and hated it.
So im stuck between joystick and parkitect.I like park riding most of the time but do some grooms and pow.I do a lot of butters when im on grooms.My local has a more jib focused setup and it must be good at jibs.I'm gonna do some urban this winter but i want to progress also at jumps and something has a clean pop and versataile.
Parkitect has some cool tech like off axis flex and frostbite but beside that i think Joystick has more tech involved.And im really impressed by Joystick when i read the angrysnowboarder review.

I will get some Vita ESTs.
Thanks,

koi 08-05-2013 05:06 AM

i was looking for a similar ride earlier this year. i decided on the joystick, before i went a completely different direction (i decided i wanted to upgrade my all mountain more than i wanted a park board).

if it helps i also talked to three different burton dealers, who had demo'd both, and everyone preferred the joystick.

david_z 08-05-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazy (Post 1024369)
Yo,

So im stuck between joystick and parkitect.

I haven't ridden the Parkitect but FWIW I really enjoyed the 2012 & 2013 Joystick. I am pretty sure not much (if anything) has really changed for the 2014. It's a solid all-around board better suited I think for all-mountain riding than for pure park domination, but it's got a good shape and medium flex for riding park, and it's a super fun board for buttering up the rest of the mountain.

koi 08-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_z (Post 1024481)
I haven't ridden the Parkitect but FWIW I really enjoyed the 2012 & 2013 Joystick. I am pretty sure not much (if anything) has really changed for the 2014. It's a solid all-around board better suited I think for all-mountain riding than for pure park domination, but it's got a good shape and medium flex for riding park, and it's a super fun board for buttering up the rest of the mountain.

I was under the impression that the Joystick was discontinued.

Alkasquawlik 08-05-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koi (Post 1024905)
I was under the impression that the Joystick was discontinued.

It is. 2013 was the last model year, and IMO, the best graphic.

phony_stark 08-05-2013 10:10 PM

Alka and I will have to disagree. I liked Kern's 2012 the best.

What we both can agree on, is that board is fun as fuck.

I'm not good at park at all, but the board is hella snappy, fun for flatland butters, floats on pow and works on the whole mountain.

Krazy 08-07-2013 08:42 AM

Yeah im really sure that joystick is a badass board but still afraid of v rocker during carves and jumps?

phony_stark 08-07-2013 11:28 AM

It's not going to be better than a cambered board with carves, but it has enough edge hold. I don't do a ton of jumps, but it works fine there too.

Maybe you want a cambered board. Go parkitect or whatever stokes you out, man.

Alkasquawlik 08-07-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazy (Post 1026185)
Yeah im really sure that joystick is a badass board but still afraid of v rocker during carves and jumps?

I'm not a reverse camber fan at all, but the Joystick is one of the very few rockered boards that I do enjoy riding. I enjoyed it so much that I actually went out and bought it. Like Phony said, it's not going to carve as well as a cambered board, but it does hold an edge very well. Much better than a good majority of rockered boards I've ridden. It's a stiffer rockered board, so although it's very easy to press due to the rocker profile, it still holds an edge at high speeds.

And I jump the shit out of the board, no issues there.

david_z 08-07-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1026345)
Like Phony said, it's not going to carve as well as a cambered board, but it does hold an edge very well. Much better than a good majority of rockered boards I've ridden. It's a stiffer rockered board, so although it's very easy to press due to the rocker profile, it still holds an edge at high speeds.

This. I thought this board was head-and-shoulders better than the Custom, for example, which is another all-mountain rockered board, and actually had a higher MSRP.