New to the sport; have a few questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wake it up

Default New to the sport; have a few questions

Hi, I am very new to snowboarding so please, bear with my seemingly dumb questions.

So I recently bought a snowboard and some bindings after doing some quick reading on this forum. I read about waxing and how important it is. But when I asked the salesman about it, he said that the board came with some really great wax already applied to it. I'm fairly inclined not to believe him. Should I wax the board before my first time out?

And with the board I bought a pair of Flow Light 4 Large bindings. I talked to of my friends who are fairly avid snowboarders and every single one did not recommend them. The store I bought from has a swap out deal, so I am considering swapping them out. Good/bad idea? If so, what bindings would you recommend in this price range? I'm looking for a more park oriented binding seeing as I am riding a Forum Youngblood. The main things I am looking for in the binding is comfortability, A long lifespan, and some nice graphics always helps

Any suggestions/tips?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You can wax it, but if your a newbie its probably not necessary as you wont be bombing down the hill on your first trips anyways..

Atleast not on purpose..ha ha

I wouldn't bother rewaxing...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
kyouness

i'd say trade those bindings for traditional ones. i hear flow bindings aren't really that great until you get into the higher end ones. take a look at rome 390's or burton cartels as they've got better reviews from all over the place than flows in general.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rome 390's

Don't worry about the wax your first time out. Wax it when it needs it.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wake it up

Thanks for all the help everyone. After about how much use should I change the wax up? Yeah I am seriously considering switching them up. The bindings im hoping to be able to go for is the Cartels, the 390s and the forum factions. The Cartels and 390s might be out of my price range... is there much benefit to the $100 price jump?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wake it up

Thank you so much Snowolf. I looked online and saw them around 260! I am definetly going to be looking into those, as mine ran me about $150 so that is within my price range. So I need to pick up some all tempurature wax, a wax mouse thing, and a scraper. Is there anything else I would need to wax it up properly? Im not really looking into a really high end wax job because I think the condions I will be riding will be icy a majority of the time. I apologize for the simple questions, im just getting started