Rome Slash vs Burton Bullet vs K2 Brigade. Advice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
boondock

Exclamation Rome Slash vs Burton Bullet vs K2 Brigade. Advice?

Hey guys,

Just thought I would seek some expert opinions on which one of these boards I should snag. I weigh 190 lbs and have size 12.5 boots. I am still a beginner to the sport and just freeride the mountain, no park yet but maybe some small natural jumps on the mountain and maybe I'll try a little box or two. But probably 80-85% freeride.

I can get a pretty good deal on all of them Bullet and Brigade probably for around $150, the Slash for $220. I figure I probably need a wide board and all of these are wides. The Bullet I could probably get in a 160, the K2 in a 158, and the only size for the Slash would be a 158. Normally, I would assume that I would need a 160-161 board but the Rome Slash 158 has it rated for 140lbs-200lbs so I would make it in the upper end of that boards weight limit...if necessary maybe I could drop a few pounds lol.

Is the Rome Slash too park oriented? Their site has it rated as an 8 for all mountain and a 10 for park. I just figure that the Slash is normally $500 and that to an extent you get what you pay for. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance, CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Bullet can not compete with the Slash, and I do not know much about the K2 Brigade. The Slash will be fine outside of the park. The only problem I see here is that you should probably get the 160 if you do more all mountain. The 158 would be better if you did more park. I would personally take the Rome Manual or forum Recon over the Burton Bullet. I ride the Rome Flag 163 and weigh 223 pounds. If you don't really plan to ride a lot of park in the future, maybe you should look into that board too. The 160 or 163
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
boondock

Thanks for the reply and the advice. Yeah, I know it would probably be better to ride the 160 but it blows because they don't have the 160 on sale for 220 (this is the 08 Slash), the 160 is around 350 still. So I am kind of stuck, either get a board that isn't as good in a better size a 160 or 159 Bullet or Brigade, or a better board that is a smidge too small. You think I could still make the 158 Slash work for mainly freeride or will it get to chattery and be unstable due to my wieght and the board being more park oriented. Thanks again, CB
Old 11-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Slash is the wide version of the Agent, which is an all-mountain freestyle board.

I don't foresee the 158 giving you any problems.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
boondock

Thanks for the advice. So you think the 158 will be fine for mainly cruising the mountain and maybe hitting an occasional kicker? I might start jogging just to make sure lol. Anybody hear of the Burton Canyon? I found that in a 159 wide for a good deal. Thanks again for the input guys, I appreciate it. -CB
Old 11-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Go with the Slash.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
boondock

I think I'm going to just rock the 158 Slash and hope for the best, I should be fine so I think I will pull the trigger on it in a couple of days. Thanks again, CB
Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
boondock

Well I just made the plunge and got the Rome. Just a heads up to anyone else interested in this board on the cheap it is on sale for an extra 20% off (with the code SHOPEARLY) for 2 days only (17th and 18th) for a grand total of $179 plus shipping ($8 for me).
Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's a phenomenal price, nice buy! Hope you enjoy it.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
boondock

My bad guys I forgot to put the website I bought it from lol. Skate Shoes, Skateboards, and Snowboards at Active Ride Shop. FYI to you Canadians they have an option to ship to Canada as well. It looks like I might have snagged the last one because I don't see the board on there anymore but they do have a lot of other ones on sale. Burton Love, UN-INC, Warhol, and some others. Later, CB