rome 390 binding help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rome 390 binding help

so i just got the 390 bindings, while i was seting the highback roataion up to 4 degrees i noticed that the highback wouldent go all the up, like the peice on the back of the highback was not touching the back binding bar. It touched when the roation was on 0 degrees.. idk if anyone gets it but if u got the 390 and you rotated the highback does it sit on that metal bar. help=[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 PM

Make sure you line it up exactly the way it says to in the directions. I did the same thing to my Targas, just to find out that it wasn't touching because I used the wrong hole for one screw.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

im pretty sure i did but ill do it again.. whats the point of rotating it anyways?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rotating your highback so that it is flush with the edge of your board helps with power transfer... not needed; completely personal preference.

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:27 PM

The point of rotating the highball is to try and get it parallel to your board's edge. It is supposed to give you more power in your turns. Some people like it, some people don't care about it.

Also, make sure you had the correct binding for the instructions you were following.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:45 PM
username999

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
the instructions can be a bit confusing for highback rotation at first on the 390s. I have noticed that when in the Zero degree position they tend to fit into the metal portion of the binding perfectly but as they are rotated the curve is obviously slightly different and the plastic tends to scrape against the heel loop on one side. the plastic is flexible and will conform to the new shape after a short time.... no worries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode