New jibstick - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New jibstick

So lately I have been searching around for a new jibstick. Im 5' 8" and weigh 128 pounds. I've been tying to decide between the Arbor Draft, the Bataleon Disaster, and the Rome Hammerhead. The Arbor seems really nice with the fancy rocker and all but since I am a Rome fan, the Hammerhead looks sick too, especially with that crazy rocker profile which looks like it would be sick for pressing, but maybe a little squirrely spinning off rails. Im a rail rat so "to soft" doesn't exist for me. I want something that I can butter anything with and max out my presses. The disaster seems a little strange to me because of the TBT and the cambered profile. It seems like it would be hard to balance presses on rails and boxes. But it is still a super soft board, which is why it is one of my options. As for the Arbor, the bronze edges don't bother me, but some people say it isn't as flexy as they had hoped. However the rocker in the arbor seems like the perfect setup for stable presses but also a super playful feel. I ride a 149 Rome Shank but some people say you really cant downsize on the Arbor unless you want to be over pressing and landing on your face, but I really prefer downsizing as I hate feeling like I am riding with a tree strapped to my feet. Im looking for a board to use strictly for jibbing. Im not interested in buying any other brand besides Arbor, Rome, and Bataleon. Also if anyone knows of a great jib binding I would be interested in hearing their opinions on that also. Ive been looking at the Union DLX and Switchbacks, which seem like tough but soft flexing bindings.

2013 Rome Shank

2012 Rome Mod Rocker
snowboarderxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

To be honest the Hammerhead seems more like a novetly stick than a serious board. The tips are just wildly too long. Its a lot of board that wont get used. If you're looking at Rome just get an Artifact Rocker.

The Disaster feels a bit weird buttering with TBT until you get used to it, but if your that far off balance in a press on a box or rail that you're being dipped cause of the TBT, you'd be bucked off on any board.

The Draft is a very well done board. No real reason not to consider it.

If it were me I'd get either the Bataleon or actually the Artifact camber. I just like jibbing camber. It's more precise.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arbor draft, bataleon disaster, rome hammerhead, switchbacks, union binding company